SAU Community

Mid life crisis

Rios

17 hours ago, Rios said:

Well it will probably be up for sale soon if anyone's聽interested let me know.

I need a cup of tea and a lie down.

Nah dont do that.聽 Best idea is to get a level 2S cams license (Get your young un to do so too) and as they say in the classics take it to the track.聽 You will learn heaps, meet good (motorsport) people and have a huge amount of fun.聽 There may even be a Skyline club in NSW....

• Like 2

I am going to sell it, It will just sit there in the garage doing nothing no time for me.

Too much family commitments, offers over $13000 please only contact if genuine.

22 hours ago, Rios said:

I am going to sell it, It will just sit there in the garage doing nothing no time for me.

Too much family commitments, offers over $13000 please only contact if genuine.

From what I can gather you drove this thing a few times, thought "Sweet jesus this is hardcore" and then reconsidered what you were even thinking initially.

This is fine and realistically the car is a pretty hardcore one to just step in to. What won't change though is the initial line of thinking before you bought what you bought, and if you have no fun car at all you may find yourself longing.

Not saying this specifically is the car for you, but I would still expect to think of something that does suit what itch you were initially looking to scratch cause they rarely stay away!

Fun cars don't need to be batshit crazy or scary!

• Like 3

Decrease the size of that turbo ( but keep it cause your gonna put it back on later, trust me on this ) and retune

You'll get a better driving car which is what they are designed for ( see my post on General Automotive Discussion on what your skyline is for ).

I drive mine every day and a bit of perspective is a great thing

• Like 1

Thanks for the words of encouragement, But I have lost all interest in this car.

To many other things going on in my life at the moment plus the car is simply too much for me to handle.

I will get another car in the future one that is fun driving slow.

2 hours ago, Rios said:

Thanks for the words of encouragement, But I have lost all interest in this car.

To many other things going on in my life at the moment plus the car is simply too much for me to handle.

I will get another car in the future one that is fun driving slow.

For some JDM Kei Kar Kool

20191114_181910_resized.jpg.b060bbf127992919b1a40a3f4630cb23.jpg

Not fast, but super cool.

There will be alot of "cool" cars that you could get for the money you eventually flip the Skyline for.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 3:11 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

don't do it, I sold mine, bought another one.. don't get me wrong I drive it like once a month, maybe every 2nd month but I think I'll be truly sad if I sold it... unless someone traded me a M4 BMW for it

BMW M4 isn't much to write home about, promise. On paper it's an excellent car in practice the steering is numb, the exhaust sounds like a lawnmower, everything requires BMW ISTA (battery replacement, all of the maintenance functions in each control module are locked behind ISTA), the S55 also likes to spin crank hubs with no truly vetted solution out there yet in addition to leaking charge coolers and charge pipes that split, the hood is also very tall for ped safety so you need to either sit high up in the car to see the end of the hood or it's just really difficult to judge distance in parking lots.

If you're not sure if you want to keep the car, a track day might be what you need.

A smooth surface, 6 lanes wide, with no other traffic can help you understand the cars behavior and power delivery.

I'm sure I would have sold my car by this point if I hadn't done a couple. These car are very competent on a race track and show their potential best there. My car is an animal on the road (torque steer, bulk power etc etc) but on a racetrack it was amazing. It was a massive learning experience that taught me the car was simply more race car than road car at this point.

Possibly this is the case with your car also. If that's the case, you can always turn it down/downsize your turbo. I also found a huge difference with tires. My car initially came on Nangkans (or something), I changed them for AD08s (semi slick style) the difference was night and day.聽

My two cents. It's your car after all. You do you. :)

• Like 1