SAU Community

Sr20 to vg gearbox help.

Griffin

So I have a Nissan Navara Ute with v6 vg30e engine and 5 speed manual gearbox.

I'm looking at fitting an sr20det engine using an adapter to my gearbox ( same as rb25det) .

Does anyone have an adapter or info on what's needed? 

I've emailed alpha Omega racing re their adapter. They are only prepared to sell me a full kit which is absurd to me as a lot of parts are to fit my style of gearbox into a different chassis therefore totally useless to me.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company in USA or somewhere else that can just sell the bell housing adapter and associated clutch components etc? It would be a shame to buy something offshore die to their " business decisions". 

Any help appreciated thanks.

I don't have first hand knowledge because of my zero care for SR20s and less than zero care for VGs......but VG gearbox into SR20 engined S chassis cars is such a common thing that there would have to be 625x10^887 mentions of how to do it on the internet already. Just have a strong google.

I'm not sure you understand. I'm not putting a vg box into an s chassis.

I'm putting an s chassis engine into a vg equipped car. Alpha Omega will not sell parts I need separately, only a complete kit as they "garauntee it will work as a complete kit".

I only need the bell housing adapter and clutch adapter.

I might be missing something but can't see how it hard to understand.

7 hours ago, Griffin said:

I only need the bell housing adapter and clutch adapter.

And how does that differ from what I posted? SR engine connected to VG transmission. Does not matter what the chassis is when it is just that one connection that you need to know about. And as I said, it has been done bajjillions of times before, so there must be many many people who have discussed it on the interpipes.

Thanks Jesus and Mary but Im after one that bolts on  ie in picture from alpha Omega site. 

I think it's too simple for you to get your head around. 

Does anyone know of a company that will sell me an adaptor to mount an sr20 to a vg bell housing? No removal of gearbox, no cutting, no welding. No 10 piece kit when I need 1 piece. No drama queen high horse response.

Probably not but was worth a try. Will send my ?to China because of greedy local companies.

You need to mill it down if it's going on a S13/14 motor.
Only way to get a bolt up kind of jobby is through Eleven10 engineering, he will cut/machine/weld up you a bell housing.

Even the Alpha Omega kit needs you to exchange bell housings (as they mill it down), unless you're bolting this up to a S15 SR20DET motor.

I've fitted up a few of these kits before and for correct speedo translation to your S13 dash and/or similar Nissan cluster use a Z32 N/A speedo sensor. It will out by about 5~10km/h at most.

15 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Or just buy a BMW M5.. done.

441kW, 0-100 in 3.3s

Yup what he said !

My boss just got him self one !

A serious bit of kit and got it for a bargain price of 235K.

Took me for a ride in it  . . .goes very well . . . . . very very well !