SAU Community

Removing HKS F-Con IS

Links

Afternoon all,

I've got an HKS F-CON IS piggy back ECU that came with the car from Japan and am looking to swap it out with a Nistune ECU.

Before I go ripping stuff out, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience removing one and whether it is just as simple as unattaching everything and removing the harness / ECU and replacing it back into the stock one or if anything is rewired in any way.

Appreciate the response!

Links

1 hour ago, Links said:

Afternoon all,

I've got an HKS F-CON IS piggy back ECU that came with the car from Japan and am looking to swap it out with a Nistune ECU.

Before I go ripping stuff out, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience removing one and whether it is just as simple as unattaching everything and removing the harness / ECU and replacing it back into the stock one or if anything is rewired in any way.

Appreciate the response!

Links

It depends. there are plug in piggy backs into which you put your loom plug in one end and there is a plug that goes into your ecu. In that case you just unplug it and put the loom plug into the stock ecu as per standard. But these are not always available and some people painstakingly solder each wire one by one so in that case you are going to have to remove them one by one and re-solder the original connections.

Bob,

I've had a look, it's got a piggy back harness e.g. not hardwired into it - if it's as simple as that then I should be able to just disconnect it from the HKS IS / ECU and check the car starts / runs before switching to the Nistune.

Good question, from everything I know it's stock - i'd need to double check though - it was done in Japan and seems to be rock stock with HKS FCon IS + Exhaust + EBC...

Inevitably i'd find out quite quickly, but don't want to cause any issues.

Other option is to leave it all in and swap it all out when I put new injectors + fuel pump + ECU in - just looking to see what I can do myself.