SAU Community

Nissan Stagea M35 electric issue - need help

germanstagea

hi there,

i bought a nissan stagea m35 arx 2001 from japan and imported it.

when i picked it up from sea port and drove it home (600km) my navigation unit (rear view camera, display, menue) was working. while driving from time to time it does start to turn off (black screen). from my feeling it depends on condition of the street.

after i got home the next day the navigation doesn´t turn on anymore. from the issue i thought  it should be a bad relay.

i searched the internet but i couldn´t find a wiring diagram which would make it easier to check from plug to plug to find the problem. the only thing i have nis Nissan FAST programm.

when i checked nissan fast (sec. 252 "relay") i found a relay called "DVD and Navigation" in parts list. but i couldn´t find that relay. from picture i think it should be in the middle of the car, under the dash, but not there and also not in engine bay (and wiper tunnel) i couldn´t find this relay. if i google the part numper it does show me a black relay.

did anyone know about that issue and/or know the relay position that i could check it?

its 100% not caused by navigation unit, as i allready tried another unit from another stagea i have. fuses also have been checked but couldn´t find a bad one.

stagea navi problem.png

today i checked the wiring diagram from G35.

first i checked the fuses. all are fine, but i note, G35 and Stagea are different. for example in G35 the 35A fuse behind the battery is for Horn at Stagea.

then i checked the wiring diagram, monitor seams to be identical, BUT.... then i note, that i had a mistake in my knowledge.

i thought, that the unit in the middle is Radio, Display and Naviation. this was caused as all removal videos say "navigation unit". the navigation unit is include in the cd player.

by checking this i note, that the plugs between G35 and Stagea are totally different. (G35 2-rows of pins, Stagea 3-rows pf pins).

did anyone have the japanese repair manual of the stagea?

Check behind the battery, there is another set of Fuse panel there. Then check the "BUNG" under the battery, if it's still there, remove it. Very common issue with our Stageas here, water sits there and cause all sort of electrical gremlin. 

thanks for this info with the rubber. i had a look into my other m35 stagea i drive daily, and saw there was about 2cm water, close under the fuse box.

about my other stagea with the navigation/display problem...

problem have been found. the navigation/cd player unit was non working. now with another unit everything is working fine.

what i would like to say is ,that  G35 wirking diagram and M35 is different.