SAU Community

SAUNSW End of Year Putty Rd Cruise.

crashdown

• 2 weeks later...

ATTENTION MEMBERS 

A Message from the SAUNSW President.

Ladies and gentlemen, if I can have your attention please.... While sad, this is something important to us!

It’s with great sadness that I report that the committee and I have agreed to cancel everyone’s favourite Putty Road cruise next week... For obvious reasons, the bushfires have affected the whole Putty area, with the whole of Putty Road being closed..

Many of you have messaged me about this, and have been asking if there’s a ‘Plan B’. We’ve had a few ideas, but because the fires are widespread, our plans keep going up in smoke (no pun intended)...

The team and I recognise that many of you would still like to have an event of some sort, even if it’s something local! So, I’d like to open up the stage to your suggestions! Don’t be scared, no suggestion is too stupid... You never know, your suggestion might start up a new favourite event for us all?? So please drop it in the comments section below!

If you like someone else’s suggestion, please also like their comment!

Get creative gang! It’s time for a serious team effort!

1. My go to: Robertson pie shop, typically enough parking if you get there before 1130. Pies, apple turnovers with cream and coffee + typically other cars and bikes to look at, plus multiple entry and exit options. The run home to Sydney, via Jamberoo and Kiama, is a sweet drive.

2. Road Warriors Cafe. Pies and coffee + typically other cars and bikes to look at, parking is limited on some days.

3. Ummmmm, Crashdowns place for mad driveway skids and fridge raiding?????

37 minutes ago, djvoodoo said:

There's always the royal natio too

Although I enjoy the Nasho the Sunday traffic is horrendous, and finding somewhere for 10 or 20 cars to park up is near on impossible, plus, no pies, cakes or coffee.

I'm a fat old bastard that thrives on pies, cakes and coffee.

Logistically the Nasho is a easy choice for me as it's just down the road, maybe if we could organise a BBQ? Maybe?Parking?

Closed due to fire risk?

Total fire ban?

Entry fee of $12.50, which is always noticed when the rangers of cops turn up and find 20 imports parked together, plus it goes to a good cause.

Would need to get their really early to stake a claim/parking.

There is "some" room here > Dropped pin
Near Royal National Park NSW 2233
https://maps.app.goo.gl/vyNN9aSe6bMTCbJa9

In saying this the Nasho gets full and closed out regularly at this time of the year.

What are the Execs looking at?

17 hours ago, mlr said:

What are the Execs looking at?

The events committee has decided to postpone another official event/cruise until next year, mainly because of time restraints organising the event insurance, notice to venues etc. 

The SAUNSW President has also posted this on the clubs facebook page.

Howdy guys and gals!

As I’m sure you’re all aware, NSW has been ravaged by severe bushfires these past few weeks. Sad to say, even our favourite Putty Road has not escaped unpunished.

We’ve tried to hold out as long as possible before making a final call on our Putty Road cruise scheduled for this Sunday. Regretfully, as the whole of Putty Road is still closed, and with the fires now nearing Singleton, we’ve had no other choice but to cancel our cruise.

What makes this situation worse is that we have been unable to follow through with our back-up plans too, as even they’ve been affected by the fires!

While this isn’t the way we were hoping to close out the year, it’s the best way to make sure you all remain safe, given the circumstances!

Don’t worry though, we will definitely be back in 2020! Until then, we hope you all have a fantastic holiday!

We’ll see you all on the other side!

Cheers!

SAU NSW President

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mlr said:

I'll be heading to Robertson pie shop.

If you see a short balding old guy smashing pies and cakes into his face say hi.

I'll be in the 86

aviary-image-1539933428011_resized_3.jpeg.c9ccf9388b1df563e1e451ed2afd30ca.jpeg

Legit on the 15th Marky? I might bring the rusty pos along for a squirt to Robbo

1 hour ago, rb30gtr said:

Legit on the 15th Marky? I might bring the rusty pos along for a squirt to Robbo

That's my plan

Unless the Minister of War and Finances wants to be a fun kill.

If I get a free pass, or if she ends up with the shits because of the direction of the wind, I'll just head down myself.

I have broached the subject and I keep bringing up appleturn overs and chocolate eclairs whenever I can, she seems keen now, later on????? Meh LOL

It seems like everytime me and her go we end up bringing back cakes and pies for all of the outlaws, I do use this as leverage.

Exact timings on arrival are fluid, getting her moving early on a Sunday can be problematic.

I'll post up a pic when I'm there.

• Like 2