SAU Community

New Member from Baltimore

Justinmyskyline

Hey guys new to the community, I just purchased a 1990 Nissan skyline GTS-T sedan with 66k original miles. This car is completely addicting i’ve already spent a ton of money on parts. I have been unable to find a hood for the sedans, my question is will a carbon fiber coupe hood fit on the sedan? Any help would be much appreciated, would love to hear and tips or “need to know’s” from you guys.

Edited by Justinmyskyline

Welcome. Sounds like you've contracted the same illness the rest of us have! :D 

I don't know enough about R32s to help. But I can guarantee someone here does! Also if you're searching remember we call hoods "bonnets". :)

2 hours ago, Justinmyskyline said:

said:

thanks Steve appreciate the info I am also trying to figure out where the wastegate actuator is on the rb20det. I have a boost controller everything is hooked up just don’t see or can’t get to the actuator. Any pointers?

All non-GTR R32s have the same panels forward of the firewall. So bonnets are the same.

Carbon fibre bonnets are a questionable purchase. Many many $$ for one worth owning. The ones that you feel comfortable paying for (ie, not as expensive) are usually pretty poor in terms of fitment, and/or how long they last. Raw CF looks cool, but it's really meant to be painted to stop it from going to crap as the clear coat fails. And painted CF doesn't advertise that it's CF, so its pointless unless you're going racing and need to save the weight for real.

And they are illegal here in Australia because they interfere with the crash performance of the car, so you won't get too much experience out of our users.

The wastegate actuator is bolted onto the turbo. Look for the boost sense line coming off the front of the compressor cover. Follow it about 4" to the wastegate's actuator can. That's it.

1 hour ago, Justinmyskyline said:

thanks Steve appreciate the info I am also trying to figure out where the wastegate actuator is on the rb20det. I have a boost controller everything is hooked up just don’t see or can’t get to the actuator. Any pointers?

Find the turbo. You should be able to find the actuator and see the rod going to the wastegate. The hose from the actuator is attached to a small piece of pipe coming out of the actuator.

RB20 actuator.jpg