SAU Community

V36 steering wheel.

I forgot to post this a few weeks ago.

My car was the volunteer car for JDM Accessories parts including their new wheels.

They're a fair but chunkier than stock but deffs worth the upgrade. Been running for over a month now and it's way nicer to use than stock.

Would recommend for the price. 

This isn't a sale post. Just a recommendation incase you get the usual trash quality v36 wheel.

Mention  me when you purchase and he may even give you a discount :)

received_2569249106638322.jpeg

received_747615072341849.jpeg

received_413444036040087.jpeg

• Like 2

Do they have a better button bezel such that the paint doesn't scratch off the plastic so damn easily?

Also, does it feel weird at all with the flat bottom when doing full turns? I just can't help but think the discontinuity in the shape would feel a bit odd.

30 minutes ago, The Max said:

Do they have a better button bezel such that the paint doesn't scratch off the plastic so damn easily?

Also, does it feel weird at all with the flat bottom when doing full turns? I just can't help but think the discontinuity in the shape would feel a bit odd.

I've had  steering wheels and my friend has also has 2 and none of them have ever had this scratching issue.. i find it weird that its so "common" yet we've been through 4 and never once had the issue.

It doesn't come with those, you transplant those from the old wheel. Only takes 15 mins to do (super simple DIY)

You actually dont really notice it. It was weird the first 3 or 4 times but you easily adjust.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, DashyyPC said:

I've had  steering wheels and my friend has also has 2 and none of them have ever had this scratching issue.. i find it weird that its so "common" yet we've been through 4 and never once had the issue.

It doesn't come with those, you transplant those from the old wheel. Only takes 15 mins to do (super simple DIY)

So I'll have to get mine wrapped then.

I haven't scratched mine but it did have a couple of scratches on it already. Maybe the previous owner didn't clip their fingernails regularly? :)

Care to message me the link to the supplier? I'm keen to know how much it'll cost me. Would be nice to have a fatter wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

The button Bezel on my 370 was pretty well scratched when I purchased the car. Purchased a new Bezel using Amayama. Better quality, will not scratch. Let me know if you want the part number.

6 hours ago, SOO06E said:

The button Bezel on my 370 was pretty well scratched when I purchased the car. Purchased a new Bezel using Amayama. Better quality, will not scratch. Let me know if you want the part number.

I'm all ears, as I've been dubious about replacing it with another OEM one in case if it's the same materials/coatings. I was going to get mine wrapped.

Just checking, this is the bezel with cutouts for just the buttons on the left side for the stereo control, phone, back button and voice control, yeah?

Edited by The Max

Yeah the part you will get is definitely an upgrade in quality. In fact its nearly impossible to scratch I reckon.

Part Number ; COVER,PLASTIC Nissan 48463JK00A is without the buttons. A bit of google or put that part number into Amayama or Partsouq and you will find yours.

If you youtube steering wheel removal G37 or similar you will find a DYI on how to remove the steering wheel. IT takes about 15 mins with the right tools.

From memory you will need a 1/4 Socket and a T20H torx driver.

Good Luck.

Edited by SOO06E

If 48463JK00A is without the buttons, that will not be suitable for me, as I have buttons on the left side of the wheel and so the bezel needs to have the cutouts to accommodate them.

I think I'll just remove my wheel one day, disassemble it and look for the part number imprinted on it.

11 hours ago, The Max said:

If 48463JK00A is without the buttons, that will not be suitable for me, as I have buttons on the left side of the wheel and so the bezel needs to have the cutouts to accommodate them.

I think I'll just remove my wheel one day, disassemble it and look for the part number imprinted on it.

Lol i think he means its just the shroud without the buttons

As in you dont get the literal buttons. Cutout will still be there.

Also super easy to take off. Would be alot easier to take apart and Repaint/Wrap it yourself compared to buying a new one.

5 hours ago, DashyyPC said:

Lol i think he means its just the shroud without the buttons

As in you dont get the literal buttons. Cutout will still be there.

Also super easy to take off. Would be alot easier to take apart and Repaint/Wrap it yourself compared to buying a new one.

That's what I was hoping he meant, despite the fact I explicitly asked about the cutouts and not the actual (not literal) buttons themselves. Yes, I know I'm a grammar nazi but I just hate the overly misused word, "literal".

Anyway, the reason why I'm a little concerned is that when I looked up the data for that part number in two different drawings from Nissan's EPC sheets, the same part number appeared with the cutouts in one drawing (possibly hinting at cruise control on the right side) and no cutouts at all in another drawing (as well as no button cluster).

Given all that, you can see why with so much ambiguity from user and manufacturer alike, I'm a little dubious.

31 minutes ago, The Max said:

That's what I was hoping he meant, despite the fact I explicitly asked about the cutouts and not the actual (not literal) buttons themselves. Yes, I know I'm a grammar nazi but I just hate the overly misused word, "literal".

Anyway, the reason why I'm a little concerned is that when I looked up the data for that part number in two different drawings from Nissan's EPC sheets, the same part number appeared with the cutouts in one drawing (possibly hinting at cruise control on the right side) and no cutouts at all in another drawing (as well as no button cluster).

Given all that, you can see why with so much ambiguity from user and manufacturer alike, I'm a little dubious.

I have a spare one at home. when i get home ill get you the part number from it.

Legend. Thanks dude.

For anyone else who may be curious, Amayama seem to be the only guys carrying that particular part number. That being said, when I search based on my VIN, it claims to be a 48463-JK01A instead of 48463-JK00A. Luckily Amayama carries that one too. I already checked with Partsouq and they carry neither.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...