SAU Community

Help installing pod filter

Hi, I need help changing my stock air intake to pod. I was in the middle of removing the stock air box. Iv unbolted everything but can't seem to remove the maf from the hose. Iv undone the jubilee clip but it's not budging. Pic has been attached and I will resume once the rain has stopped. Any help is appreciated! 

20191109_145005.jpg

38 minutes ago, Murray_Calavera said:

You say you've unbolted everything but in the picture there are still many bolts?

Go forth and remove bolts, this should be a very simple job. 

Do I need to remove the 4 gold bolts circled in red? Everything else is unbolted and iv been trying to remove it via from the hose circled in green if I can free it from there then the whole box and maf will come out. Thanks for the help 

20191109_180507.jpg

They're holding the AFM to the airbox. Seeing as you've loosened the hose clamp, if you want to slip the AFM off the inlet pipe, to make it easier to work on the AFM to airbox on the bench/lap/whatever, then just pulling the AFM out of the hose would be a good start.

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

They're holding the AFM to the airbox. Seeing as you've loosened the hose clamp, if you want to slip the AFM off the inlet pipe, to make it easier to work on the AFM to airbox on the bench/lap/whatever, then just pulling the AFM out of the hose would be a good start.

Will I have to remove those 4 bolts anyway to connect that side to the hks air intake? 

Just remove the bolts. Sounds like you reallly want to!

Yes you will have to remove them to attach the pod, that should be fairly obvious.

then sit back and enjoy the pointless mod you have just implemented.

You seem to be scared of undoing those 4 bolts.

You also seem to have hit a road block.

My advice would be, remove the bolts. You might find it helps. If it doesn't, you'll be surprised that you can do them back up. 

Don't be scared to have a go and try things. If your paranoid, take lots of photos and put the parts/bolts into resealable plastic bags and label them.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:07 AM, Murray_Calavera said:

You seem to be scared of undoing those 4 bolts.

You also seem to have hit a road block.

My advice would be, remove the bolts. You might find it helps. If it doesn't, you'll be surprised that you can do them back up. 

Don't be scared to have a go and try things. If your paranoid, take lots of photos and put the parts/bolts into resealable plastic bags and label them.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I couldn't get to 2 of the bolts as those gold bolts can only be removed from the opposite side. I was scared of applying too much pressure on the hose and tearing it so in the end I decided to get 2 big flat head screw drivers and pry away and it came off easy. After that it was all good and its now on the car. The car sounds amazing can hear the turbo spool up loud like a jet. ???

Edited by 020king