SAU Community

R34 GTT ECU Stock Boost Solenoid Wiring

I'm in the midst of revamping my R32, which has a Neo RB25DET. It's running a Power FC R34 ECU/engine harness. I'm adding the Power FC Boost Controller. However, being a Frankensteined car/engine, I knew it didn't have the R34's boost solenoid, but I found it doesn't have the connector that would have gone to it. So the engine wiring harness was modified previously for the installation. On the harness going forward on the side of the bay, it only has connectors for the O2 sensor, one of the fwd harness mating connectors and the MAF.  

I went digging, first looking at the ECU's connector to see what wire is there. Looking at diagrams, it's pin 104... but there's no wire there. I've attached pics of what told me it's pin 104 and pics of my ECU connector missing that pin. I believe the pins and wires not needed for the install into the R32 were removed. So now I'll be adding the pin terminal and wiring.  

I'm here to see if anyone with RB25DET Neo ECU experience can confirm that my sources for pin 104 are correct?  Looking at the diagrams, it should be pretty easy to wire in since the power source is shared by pin 1 on the O2 sensor in the same harness, which is powered in the ignition switch's ON position.

Now I know ditching the Power FC Boost Controller is an option. However, I don't want another device taking up space on the dash or in the glove box. So I want to keep this boost controller method.  Thanks for any advice/tips!

20191110_100700.jpg

RB25DET Neo Boost Solenoid.jpg

20191111_085636.jpg

20191111_085719.jpg

Boost solenoid wiring.jpg

104 is correct.

It's not hard to drag a cable through the ECU loom's gland in the corner of the firewall. Just need to remove as much as you can to make it possible to poke a stiff lead wire through alongside the loom and then tape on and pull back. This is how I have all the extra wiring for my boost control solenoid, exhaust pyro, etc coming through there (R32 with Neo also).

Just getting back to this after being unable to get away from work to do the wiring.  Thanks for the confirmation!  I had to get a harness pin kit and wired it in today.  Hopefully I'll try running the car in the next few days and be able to make sure it's working.  Thanks again!