SAU Community

R34 gtr faulty MFD screen

26DETT

Can anyone shed some light on what has happened to my mfd in the gtr? Took it out for a weekend drive and notice the screen had a green tinge, nothing i could really do so i kept driving and then 10 minutes later the screen was still working but fully blank. Any ideas on what this could be would be great or even someone who can get it working again

20190801_143403.jpg

20191113_194416.jpg

True.  I had the standard flaking problem so was able to get the replacement bits sent to me.  Not sure on whats going on with yours.  You can try joining the R34 GTR Owners clubs on Facebook and try there - few more owners and issues shared there.  Then you'll know what to order.

That looks like the ribbon (or whatever the real multi-line connector) that carries the signal from the display electronics into the screen got loose and probably fully detached.

Just take it apart and have a look. You might see something easy to put back!

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions. Pulled the mfd apart last night made sure everything was in its place and then powered the unit up but still no luck. Will get on FB later and post it on the gtr owners club :)