SAU Community

Rb20

Adz2332

f#ck a duck, that is lots of chicken dinners for a mani……..not saying its not worth it, but you would want to be doing an original restoration IMO.  Makes me wonder what the whole car would be worth....I must look it up.

Ok, this says $40K...so $35 without the mani :)

https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/nissan-hr31-skyline-gts-r-feature

• Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, mlr said:

I thought it was way cool, till I looked at the price. Well, if you had a HR31 GTS-R that didn't have one, and it was mint, then yeah, I guess, maybe....

$5k, wow

Well, over the years these have become increasingly harder to find and when you do see them, they either have external gates welded to them or have cracked and been repaired or reflanged or Welded where a gate used to be or have the heat shield bosses ground off or all of the above etc. etc. etc......they also never come with a heat shield and when I do see shields for sale on their own, they are always damaged and dilapidated and dented and dull etc.

I normally sell the manifolds for $2.5-$3k depending on condition and I see the heat shields go for $1k damaged and dented...This heat shield is 100% perfect and so is the manifold and this manifold in particular is very nice quality to boot, so the price is well justified in my opinion based on my experience.. it’s a buyers market for this sort of thing anyways.

1 hour ago, LaurelPWR said:

Well, over the years these have become increasingly harder to find and when you do see them, they either have external gates welded to them or have cracked and been repaired or reflanged or Welded where a gate used to be or have the heat shield bosses ground off or all of the above etc. etc. etc......they also never come with a heat shield and when I do see shields for sale on their own, they are always damaged and dilapidated and dented and dull etc.

I normally sell the manifolds for $2.5-$3k depending on condition and I see the heat shields go for $1k damaged and dented...This heat shield is 100% perfect and so is the manifold and this manifold in particular is very nice quality to boot, so the price is well justified in my opinion based on my experience.. it’s a buyers market for this sort of thing anyways.

I agree the part is rare, and rare costs, if I was rebuilding a mint stock GTS-R that needed one I would jump on it, but putting that on a RB20 in a 32, no way.

It would actually make me sad wasting that on a GTS-T and not on a GTS-R.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

The GTS-R manifold and heatshield used to go for $2k, so $5k in today's drug dealer climate seems not unusual strangely enough. Just look at GT-R parts prices haha.

You could probably get someone to fab one up, or buy R31House's manifold https://shop.r31house.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=7506

I paid 2K for my manifold many years ago! Then another $500 for the manifold cover that is in immaculate condition polished up.

Watching yahoo auctions the original ones don't pop up all that often, and when they do they are generally sold within the first listing.

23 hours ago, mlr said:

I agree the part is rare, and rare costs, if I was rebuilding a mint stock GTS-R that needed one I would jump on it, but putting that on a RB20 in a 32, no way.

It would actually make me sad wasting that on a GTS-T and not on a GTS-R.

I completely agree hahaha would sound Fuccing amazing on an Rb20 but would be a total waste haha ??