SAU Community

Hello From Scotland, UK

Scotland Kas

Hi all

New member here from Scotland in the UK.

Recently got an R34 GTT, this is actually my second skyline. I had an R33 gtst drift car for a while.

R34 has always been the dream car for me and when I got my first job at 20 years old I set myself a goal of getting one before I was 30! 6 years later I bought this. 

As far as I can tell its pretty much standard engine wise apart from a pod filter and an exhaust. Cosmetically its got a GTR front end, vented wings, wheels, coilovers and a ducktail.  

So just not the car is off the road and in storage for the winter and during this time I have some planned maintenance for it

Change all fluids (engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil, coolant)

New timing, aux belts and tensioners  

New water pump

New spark plugs 

New oil, air and fuel filter 

Anything else i should add to the list?

Screenshot_20191016_102152.jpg

Screenshot_20191016_102248.jpg

Screenshot_20191016_102052.jpg

FB_IMG_1571216972145.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome that is a pretty sweet looking car you have. Basic service items are the way to go with these. 
If you're storing it, just be mindful of your battery (mine have a habit of killing batteries). 

Check all the coolant and vacuum hoses under/around the inlet manifold and behind the engine. They're all old enough now that there might be some cracking.

Check for missing exhaust manifold and turbo-manifold and turbo-dump bolts and nuts.

Pressure test the cooling system.

That's about all the other easy and worthwhile stuff I can think of for the moment.

• Like 1