SAU Community

R33 GTR radiator sensor

8 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Should turn on the aircon fan when the coolant gets too hot.

That was my intention too. but is it connected to the ecu?

I´m asking because the AC is completely removed and I need a location for a temp sensor to controll the Spal fan.

Have you got the wiring diagram? I only have the R32 one, which would very likely be the same, but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't have it here and I'm too busy at 17:30 on a Friday to dig through it anyway - End of the week means I have to start doing the work that should have gotten done on Tuesday!

31 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Have you got the wiring diagram? I only have the R32 one, which would very likely be the same, but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't have it here and I'm too busy at 17:30 on a Friday to dig through it anyway - End of the week means I have to start doing the work that should have gotten done on Tuesday!

I´m not sure. Can´t find something about this sensor.

4 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Yuh, looks like it goes through pin 6. I know nothing about Links. Fair to assume they don't care about the niceties of last ditch engine cooling, in favour of more injectors!

I think so. Just wrote a mail to Link tech support. Let´s see what comes around ;)

Pin 6 switches to ground determined by your thermo temp cut in / out range in software and your radiator thermo switch is in series with that input. Just reassign that input that is wired to pin 6 to thermo control. If you want to switch it on lower than what the thermo switch is the switch loom needs to be bridged, so you could turn on at say 80deg C for example, which is lower than the radiator switch closes at.

Edited by BK

On 23/11/2019 at 4:43 AM, BK said:

Pin 6 switches to ground determined by your thermo temp cut in / out range in software and your radiator thermo switch is in series with that input. Just reassign that input that is wired to pin 6 to thermo control. If you want to switch it on lower than what the thermo switch is the switch loom needs to be bridged, so you could turn on at say 80deg C for example, which is lower than the radiator switch closes at.

I´ve already installed a control unit for my electric fan which is independent of the ECU. But the temp sensor of the control unit is located in the drain plug of the radiator.

So if the Link ECU don´t care about the stock A/C fan temp sensor I would like to use this location for my temp sensor of my electric fan control unit ;)

But unfortunately I´m still waiting for an answer from Link