SAU Community

2003 GT8 not starting

Hi everyone 

I'm a first time poster to this community so please forgive me if I have made mistakes. 

I own a 2003 GT8 Skyline which has the 8 speed CVT transmission and a vq35de engine. 

This morning I encountered a problem with the car where it won't start. 

The engine will crank over but not start. I had tried 6 times before the car eventually started. When it started, the instrument cluster had the abs, slip, and the vds lights all on. Also the tachometer was not working and the gear indicator under the tacho was blank. I was scared to drive the car so I turned it off. When I tried again, the engine would just crank over but not start. After 45 minutes I tried again, this time it fired up on the fourth try and I managed I move the car from the basement parking (I live in an apartment). Again the abs, slip and vds light where on and the tacho wasn't working and the gear selector didn't show which gear I was in. 

Racv turned up and they couldn't work out what was wrong. The technician couldn't get any fault codes as his OBD2 reader didn't work when connected to the my car. 

Then about another 2 hours later I tried to start the car, which it did (first try this time) but all abs, vds and slip lights were on with the tacho not working and the gear indicator being blank. 

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? 

I have read somewhere it my be the cam sensor. 

Please help as I would like some know how about the above situation. 

If it will drive, drive it to a mechanic and pay them to fix it. If it won't drive, get it towed.

It won't be your cam sensor. You have a blown fuse or a broken wire or something has burnt up or somesuch other random electrical failure that can only be diagnosed by poring over the car with a torch, a testlight or multimeter and a working diagnostic computer.

Edited by GTSBoy