SAU Community

Battery issue

Hello every one

I have a skyline R33 ,1993 RB 25 DET .

I'm having a problem with my battery it's run down every time the car is parked I check the alternator ,I check the alarm I check couple other stuff the car won't start if you jump start it it will  works fine ,but when I park the car for a couple of days the battery is dead ..

Any one can across an issue like this 

Edited by Rawad

OK HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED ..EVERY THING WORKING ON THE CAR EVEN THE STARTER ..

ITS ONLY WHEN THE CAR IS OFF AND PARKED FOR SEVERAL DAY THE BATTERY GET EMPTY 

THERE IS SOMETHING STAYING ON AFTER THE CAR IS COMPLETELY OFF  ..A FUSE OR SOMETHING ELSE 

9 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

So you know what the problem is. Go fix it. How the hell do you expect us to know what it is.

Dude I try every thing I can think off ...I disconnect the alternator,I disconnect the horn the ECU the fuses in the engine bay ,the alarm ..each by it self ..and none of this was faulty ..

I can't think of something else ....

U don't need to get angry ..if the post troubling you ,just ignore it 

It's the other thing then.. Next to the first bit.

Seriously this pretty much can't be diagnosed online. Are you using a multimeter for testing current draw on the parts of the circuit or just randomly disconnecting stuff?

37 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

It's the other thing then.. Next to the first bit.

Seriously this pretty much can't be diagnosed online. Are you using a multimeter for testing current draw on the parts of the circuit or just randomly disconnecting stuff?

Not really Randomly ,I'm disconnecting them in sequence..I give the car couple days after each part or set of fuses to see if the battery still draining...

I recently went through this. Honestly given how this can only really occur with non-standard stuff its where you'd begin. It's almost always a device is on (when the car is off) and its draining power that way.

Common suspects, Audio systems, reverse cameras, ODB2 connectors, Dashcams, Alternator Diodes failing so alternator is always 'excited'

In my case it was the alternator being wired to the horn fuse, so it was always excited. As this was an engine conversion (I didnt do the wiring) this is in the category of "Stuff that changed".

• 2 weeks later...

Have you taken the new battery to where you purchased it to see if there is potentially a dead cell in the battery?  This can happen, I . bought a battery and 6 months later, ended up having a dead cell.  It was still under warranty (as yours should).  Have them test it if you don't own a tester and should easily rule the battery being an issue.  Much easier to start there vs. digging around and ripping things apart.  Just my .02 cents.