SAU Community

Diy 370GT RHD Twin Turbo Build

Thank you sir. Looks like I'll be grabbing the Z1 mounts and their magnetic oil sump drain plug then. I don't mind feeling a little bit of vibration. I've always heard it's quite insignificant and besides which, I'd much rather sacrifice a bit of comfort knowing that everything is sitting in there a little more solid.

I'll grab the Whiteline bits while I'm at it so that I can do it all in one fell swoop on my mate's hoist. Any tips/tricks on changing the engine mounts? I see the space is a bit cramped in there for getting at the top nuts.

Edited by The Max

Just be patient, its a really tough job. You'll probably have to unbolt the engine mount bracket from the block to slide the mount up & off.

One side is heaps harder than the other, not sure which now. Anyhow, good luck with it all. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

G'day Mate, yes it absolutely is. Its at just a Tad under 10psi & a pretty conservative tune.

We started to get a little bit of Transmission slip & decided to leave it there.

The VQ just wants to make Power.

I've since been doing some street logging & making adjustments to the Transmission related Torque Tables in Uprev & it seems to be cured.

Grip or lack of it is the biggest issue at the moment. I have a set of R888r's to go on it later this week so that should help.

That & bringing the Driver up to Speed.

Cheers Mate.

1 hour ago, mycarhasposessedme said:

G'day Mate, yes it absolutely is. Its at just a Tad under 10psi & a pretty conservative tune.

We started to get a little bit of Transmission slip & decided to leave it there.

The VQ just wants to make Power.

I've since been doing some street logging & making adjustments to the Transmission related Torque Tables in Uprev & it seems to be cured.

Grip or lack of it is the biggest issue at the moment. I have a set of R888r's to go on it later this week so that should help.

That & bringing the Driver up to Speed.

Cheers Mate.

Yeah i looked into doing it on my v36. Was always told if you want above 500rwhp the tranny (5AT) May start to slip with the amount of torque, Guess it just takes alot of fine tuning to get it right.

Worst case i have a backup 5AT Up here in Brisbane if yours dies and you want to build one.

Are you running wider wheels? Surely running a 10.5 Wide would help.

Cheers Dash, yes I agree, hopefully I can Make it live for a while with a few tricks & being a bit kind to it.(probably not going to happen)

It is shift kitted, so that may help. Biggest issue is when you change injector size it throws the Base Fuel Schedule Right off.

BFS is the Main Calculation that the ECU Uses to predict Torque at any given load.

So if you double injector size, the Engine ecu tells the Trans Ecu to only expect half the Torque at the given load point.

Trans Ecu adjusts Line pressure accordingly, at least thats my understanding.

There are 2 Tables I have been working on & the results are fantastic so far.

Once the R888's go on it will probably need more work, as the tyres let go before any real load can be applied to the trans in 1st second & Third. 

A lot of Tuners are un aware of this function too, which kinda sucks, as you could destroy your tranny pretty quickly without tweaking the tables.

And of course you have the mechanical limitations of the Trans friction plates.

If at full line pressure they still slip, its upgrade trans time.

Cheers Mate.

I honestly have no idea regarding the 7at but would assume they have similar Stock Torque handling capacity.

Plenty of Guys with Turbo 7at Zeds in the US, seems to be pretty much the same upgrade path as the 5at. Billet Flex Plate & Rebuilt Trans either by IPP or Level 10. 

Now that I have tweaked the Torque Tables the 5at seems totally fine at this stage. I guess the test will be, as I mentioned, when the R Compound Tyres go on.

At least I can Log AT Slip & keep an eye on it, hopefully all will be good.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/19 at 9:11 AM, mycarhasposessedme said:

Finally Gotten around to starting my Diy RHD Twin Turbo Build.

Posting it all up to my Youtube Channel as i'm **** at typing stuff out

I've already done 2 fuel system mod vids, but this is the first proper start of the Twin Turbo Build.

Hope some of you guys find it interesting.

Scrolling through these to see what options I have for my 370gt. My lady has done 133k. Would you recommend a full rebuild or start something separate and fit later? Also what lights have you got fitted and where did you get them?