SAU Community

Power FC R35 VQ Map info

GTES-t

I know, I'm using an outdated ECU solution for my R32 with a Neo RB25DET.  I got my R32 from Japan a few years ago and it was already modded with the Neo engine, R34 Power FC and R35 AFM.  I just replaced the turbo and added Defi advanced sensors and a wideband O2 sensor & gauge to monitor things.  The AFR was leaning on any throttle after the turbo change.  I went to to the re-learn on the Power FC and initialized it without thinking about getting the R35 AFM's VQ Map info first... I know, completely scatter brained on my part.  The R35 AFM is mounted in a 3 inch, or 76 mm, internal diameter duct.  Does anyone have the VQ Map data available for this setup?  

I've searched and came across several links, however I'm not certain on the accuracy of the data.  This link has the Datalogit VQ map, but the screenshot states it's for a 1JZ-GTE and doesn't clarify the duct diameter: 

I've found this link, but the VQ maps are for the RB26 and SR20 and again doesn't clarify the duct size: 221746d1509718853-r35-afms-power-fc-apex

If anyone can confirm that one of these VQ Maps works, or provide one, it'd be Greatly appreciated!  I know the consensus will probably be to upgrade to a more modern ECU.  If I had the money I would!  If I can't find any of this info, I'll be saving up for a couple of months and getting a Haltech.  However, I would prefer to get it up and running with this ECU and stay a near to my already exceeded budget.

If there is nothing reliable out there for PowerFC directly, you may be able to synthesise something from Nistune's data. They have curves for the R35 card and you can compare that to the Z32 curve in Nistune and then use that to build an R35 curve from the PowerFC Z32 curve. ie, the relationship of one to the other should be the same for each ECU.

Firstly, there is nothing wrong with a PFC, they've been reliably running rbs for decades. Yes there are newer ECUs with additional features but a PFC is able to run it perfectly until you start to get pretty highly modified.

The afm curve is not really that important. Pick whatever is closest and then just tune it. Basically your fuel map is based on whatever the AFM is telling it for load, so whatever it is set to when you tune is fine. Just don't change it after you tune it!

If you are trying to put back an unknown AFM curve so your tune will be OK again, you are out of luck. Even 1% different to the original curve can be enough to make the tune unsafe.

FWIW I do have the rb26 data for standard, vg30, vh41, power intake and the calculated result I used for nismo afms per GTSBoy's approach because I went through that (turns out vg30 and nismo afms are not exactly the same after all) but it was pre-tuning, and it was never really worth the effort because you still just tune the result the same way