SAU Community

rb20det r32 feels very boggy with any boost

Hey, im having an issue with my rb20det before 4k revs it felt very boggy and then after 4k revs it felt fine till 6k then it felt like it had no power

it has a 25det gearbox and a r34 neo turbo fmic 3inch exhuast

ive tried to turn boost up and down didnt do anything ive also tried resetting timing and the timing was off but now its set but its become worse where if it gets any boost at all if just boggs down

have no idea what this could be or what to even look up any help is appreciated

R32 ECU diagnostic can be triggered with a screwdriver or a paper clip. Read all about it.

It will be a boost leak, or a dying fuel pump as #1 suspects.

After that, it is absolutely everything else in the engine bay. all the usual suspects. read all about it.

Just now, GTSBoy said:

R32 ECU diagnostic can be triggered with a screwdriver or a paper clip. Read all about it.

It will be a boost leak, or a dying fuel pump as #1 suspects.

After that, it is absolutely everything else in the engine bay. all the usual suspects. read all about it.

yeah i suspect fuel pump or the regulator, i was told to block off the regulator return and see if problem still happens

5 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

No. Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and drive it under load. This is proper diagnosis, not half-baled diagnosis. If the pressure doesn't do what it is supposed to do, then you blame the pump. Your reg is very unlikely to be crook.

alright ill try do that, i just did a ecu diagnostics and got code 34 which is knock sensor 

Just now, GTSBoy said:

Bypass knock sensor with (500k resistor - I think. Look it up, it's findable). If the knock sensor is crook and it's running on the knock map, it will feel doughy. This should make it feel better. Then you  just buy a new one.

I just had a look and I actually have no knock sensor loom at all, both knock sensors are there just no loom, going to borrow a friends and see if that fixes my issues. Have never had a check engine light tho but its always had this issue since I owned the car so its never had knock sensor loom.