SAU Community

timing chain tensioner wont install

silviaz

On 12/17/2019 at 9:20 PM, Rusty Nuts said:

Great news indeed, had my fingers crossed for you mate, hope it all works out well, Happy Days.

Mate I turned it on and she sounds great. Here is a clip. Thanks again for all your help, lots learned on this project. Does have some smoke I think cause the old gasket but getting a mechanic on Monday again to double check everything, and just gotta bleed the valve for the coolant as there is still air bubbles. I drove in reverse and the car didn't turn off! And it seems like the clutch is working better now? I don't hear any crunching, (though I didn't operate the car but I could always here it outside). Anyhow, here it is! (at the 0:22 mark it starts to idle)

sil-Copy.mp3

On 12/11/2019 at 11:18 AM, Rusty Nuts said:

Follow the procedure in the workshop manual, guaranteed to work.

get manual,   http://www.eatsleepboost.lt/files/manuals/s14_200sx_sr20det_repair_manual.pdf

Hey I found out what the entire problem of the car was. The idiot who owned the car before me put the boost to maximum. That was legit the only thing that caused the car to stall, turned it down and works like a dream. Wasn't even the broken rocker arm it looked like lol.

11 minutes ago, silviaz said:

Hey I found out what the entire problem of the car was. The idiot who owned the car before me put the boost to maximum. That was legit the only thing that caused the car to stall, turned it down and works like a dream. Wasn't even the broken rocker arm it looked like lol.

Sounds like you are enjoying driving your Silvia mate, really glad it all worked out well, Happy Xmas.