SAU Community

R32 gtr stock gauge wiring help

AnalStick

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Shouldn't think so. The old gauges are just going to sit there doing nothing?

Just pull the new wiring into the cabin.

so the old gauges are coming out but im assuming the wiring will still be there to the oil temp sensor and the boost sender. i was wondering if there is a way just to tap the new gauge wiring into the old ones. if that makes sense 

Well, you could -- provided there were the same number of wires associated with each of the old and the new, which is not to be taken for granted. But on that assumption, yes, perfectly possible, and not particularly easier than just pulling the wires through a firewall opening. You have a couple of easily accessible ones to choose from you know.

9 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Well, you could -- provided there were the same number of wires associated with each of the old and the new, which is not to be taken for granted. But on that assumption, yes, perfectly possible, and not particularly easier than just pulling the wires through a firewall opening. You have a couple of easily accessible ones to choose from you know.

yeah sorry this is a first time thing for me im learning as i go if there are better and easier ways id love to know