SAU Community

GTR suspension into GTST

kye32gtst

So I've got some eventual plans of widening my R32, and the topic of bringing the hubs out further as well instead of running deep dish wheels has come about. My question is, what would I have to do suspension wise in order to achieve the wider track width, instead of doing it in the wheels, doing it with the suspension. I basically want to push the hubs out further, so I don't have to run fat wheels. Only looking to use a 9 inch wide wheel with like a +10 to +20 offset, after going about 50mm wider

The question of putting the GTR assembly into my GTST has me wondering what's different, would it work, are the control arms wider, would it bolt in, do I have to make new coilover mounts on the control arm to accommodate for the added width, how do I push those hubs out further. You get the idea.

I only ask this as I'm not a fan of Stance nation style or deep dish wheels, and I'd like to run a slight concave faced wheel, whilst widening my 32 and trying to stay somewhat legal and under the radar from the Police

GTR stuff won't do it. It's not wider, for a start.

GTR suspension is both sufficiently different to make putting it into a RWD R32 a pain, and simultaneously not different enough to make it worthwhile. You'd have to make annoying swaps (the lower forks on GTR dampers are different to the through bolt on GTSt), and the front subframes are completely different, blah blah blah.

Look at GK-Tech's catalogue. All their stuff is aimed at drifters (which appears to be aimed at pushing the lower arms out as far as possible in the quest for more camber) and essentially offers you a lot of what you're looking for. Almost none of it is particularly street legal.....

You will end up running ~+10 offsets in order to achieve what you want. This is not particularly deep dish. Most GTSt owners would kill to be able to run that sort of offset.