SAU Community

R34 Head lights Why so expensive.

toranarod

I have Just purchased an R34 that needs a Right hand head light.

A pair of head lights are more expensive than I paid for the car . 

I have a few questions is Why are they expensive and secondly has anybody ever looked at finding an alternative from another manufacture.

Just anything that will fit in the hole. A new mounting brackets could be fabricated to accommodate an alternative. 

if it was possible it could save owners a lot of money a force the prices down.     

2 hours ago, toranarod said:

Your comments have given me the drive to move forward. Watch this space. I will show you how its done. 

Are you going to show us how to fit a different headlight into an r34? Whole assembly or just internals? I want to make sure my expectations are set correctly

• Haha 1

Rarity, especially the Xenon ones. Plus if you haven't noticed, the GT-Rs have gone up in price so all the relevant parts have increased in price now.

I used to regularly see projector R32 headlights go for ~$250 on Yahoo auctions Japan, now they go for $800 each apparently lol

On 12/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Rarity, especially the Xenon ones. Plus if you haven't noticed, the GT-Rs have gone up in price so all the relevant parts have increased in price now.

I used to regularly see projector R32 headlights go for ~$250 on Yahoo auctions Japan, now they go for $800 each apparently lol

thanks for the help

Edited by toranarod

On 12/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, niZmO_Man said:

did like you advised.  Got the head light from Yahoo Japan 260 Au plus shipping. You needed to dig deep but good priced one can still be found.     

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 11:18 PM, niZmO_Man said:

Nice work. I've found that the sellers are quite honest with the condition of the items, so you should get what you saw in the pictures.

The head light came in as described in better condition than my original. i couldn't resist so i purchased another one