• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

toranarod

R34 Head lights Why so expensive.

I have Just purchased an R34 that needs a Right hand head light.

A pair of head lights are more expensive than I paid for the car . 

I have a few questions is Why are they expensive and secondly has anybody ever looked at finding an alternative from another manufacture.

Just anything that will fit in the hole. A new mounting brackets could be fabricated to accommodate an alternative. 

if it was possible it could save owners a lot of money a force the prices down.     

Production stopped 17 years ago, stop stamping your feet, and revisit your decision to buy an incomplete car. A $200 part that sits on the shelf for 17 years owes at least $700 plus rarity factor.

image.jpeg.ad2df0bde3f155d954a8f1c7805089e7.jpeg

• Like 1

Write an angry letter to Nissan, tell them you will take your business of buying run down second hand cars elsewhere.

That will teach em.

• Haha 1

Stop stamping your feet' look on gumtree there is one for swap for supra bonnet and a supra bonnet is worth about $300. Remove bum beanie and start looking harder to solve your problem.

2 hours ago, toranarod said:

I will show you how its done.

Oh good, i haven't pissed myself laughing for a long time

2 hours ago, toranarod said:

Your comments have given me the drive to move forward. Watch this space. I will show you how its done. 

Are you going to show us how to fit a different headlight into an r34? Whole assembly or just internals? I want to make sure my expectations are set correctly

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Are you going to show us how to fit a different headlight into an r34?

Nope, he's going Full Custom Garage R34

Image result for full custom garage

Rarity, especially the Xenon ones. Plus if you haven't noticed, the GT-Rs have gone up in price so all the relevant parts have increased in price now.

I used to regularly see projector R32 headlights go for ~$250 on Yahoo auctions Japan, now they go for $800 each apparently lol

On 12/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Rarity, especially the Xenon ones. Plus if you haven't noticed, the GT-Rs have gone up in price so all the relevant parts have increased in price now.

I used to regularly see projector R32 headlights go for ~$250 on Yahoo auctions Japan, now they go for $800 each apparently lol

thanks for the help

Edited by toranarod

On 12/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, niZmO_Man said:

did like you advised.  Got the head light from Yahoo Japan 260 Au plus shipping. You needed to dig deep but good priced one can still be found.     

• Like 2

Nice work. I've found that the sellers are quite honest with the condition of the items, so you should get what you saw in the pictures.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:18 PM, niZmO_Man said:

Nice work. I've found that the sellers are quite honest with the condition of the items, so you should get what you saw in the pictures.

The head light came in as described in better condition than my original. i couldn't resist so i purchased another one 

Buy all of them then sell them @ $1k each