SAU Community

Mod platting

Jayden!?

Hi everyone I have a 97 hilux and I’m wating to convert it to a 6 seater and I was wondering if I would be able to put the bench seat in the front and not have the lap strap in and  obviously no passenger in the center seat as I’m broke atm? and my current seats arnt road legal.   So I was wondering if it would still be classed as a 5 seater since there will be no passenger or seatbelt for middle seat? 

I also live in qld

Edited by Jayden!?

13 hours ago, Jayden!? said:

Hi everyone I have a 97 hilux and I’m wating to convert it to a 6 seater and I was wondering if I would be able to put the bench seat in the front and not have the lap strap in and  obviously no passenger in the center seat as I’m broke atm? and my current seats arnt road legal.   So I was wondering if it would still be classed as a 5 seater since there will be no passenger or seatbelt for middle seat? 

I also live in qld

Don't like your chances. In fact i can see you possibly being pinged twice - once for have an uncomplied front seat and also for being a seat belt short.  And don't ask on this forum just ring the relevant regulator for a definitive answer.