SAU Community

97 R33 cutting out

Hey guys,

New to R33 world (loving it btw) however ive run into an issue i feel i kinda know what the problem is but want to get more information/advice.

So anywho i got my R33 a few months ago all was good and i bought the car stock i bought hard piping and a FMIC uprated radiator my turbo seals then blew out so replaced the turbo but since replacing the turbo i can't keep my idle stable it seems to stay around 1.5 - 2k and and lower about 1k seems like a misfire. Also when im driving and i dip the clutch the counter just shoots down to 0 and stalls so have to re engage a gear while rolling to start again.

Some things ive checked

Idle screw (AAC) all the way in pretty much (taken apart and cleaned)

Replaced spark plugs

TP Sensor (replaced brand new) set at 0.45v idle 4.11v full throttle

Re-solder MAF Sensor

Checked for air and vaccum leaks found nothing (only sprayed with brake cleaner to check) 

Now the only thing thats left on my head is that the *stock* BOV is blanked off and is venting to atmosphere of course to make the famous sound we all love however i feel like thats my problem with the air blowing back though the MAF giving a false reading could i be thinking right here??

Also found logged fault codes

43 - Throttle position circuit

12 - MAF sensor circuit (air flow meter)

21 - Ignition circuit

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

At an internet mechanic guess, sounds like you've forgotten to block of the BOV return back into the intake pipe when you installed your whoosh valve.

It has been blocked off woth a metal plate between j pipe and stock bov

Everything with my rb25 is perfect and it runs normal but Ever since i put  a greddy replica BOV i’ve been stalling\dying at weird times with no load when clutching in too.....it doesnt happen often but i think our problem may be the bov’s that vent to atmoshpere. But then even if its that why doesnt the million other people with aftermarket bov’s have this problem ?

1 hour ago, Dil-Dog said:

Everything with my rb25 is perfect and it runs normal but Ever since i put  a greddy replica BOV i’ve been stalling\dying at weird times with no load when clutching in too.....it doesnt happen often but i think our problem may be the bov’s that vent to atmoshpere. But then even if its that why doesnt the million other people with aftermarket bov’s have this problem ?

Because they don't run air flow meters?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, Dil-Dog said:

So... car ran fine before. You changed a part, then car immediately runs shit. Do you revert what you did to see if it fixes the issue?

Oh and those people running vented BOVs have aftermarket ECUs.