SAU Community

Stagea Pnm35 for winter

Waders360

1 minute ago, Waders360 said:

Im from Atlantic Canada. From the research ive done, awd m35 stagea doesnt have traction control. Im just a little weary if my wife takes the stagea that the rear doesnt go sideways on her on the highway.

You are looking for stability control , not traction control, in those situations

There is a Canadian section on this site. Keep in mind though, 90% of the users here are from Australia which is in a crippling drought and we don't see much snow so I'm not sure you'll get much by way of experience.

That said, you could post in the Japan section too as they will have some adverse weather there also as will our USA friends.

4 minutes ago, PranK said:

There is a Canadian section on this site. Keep in mind though, 90% of the users here are from Australia which is in a crippling drought and we don't see much snow so I'm not sure you'll get much by way of experience.

That said, you could post in the Japan section too as they will have some adverse weather there also as will our USA friends.

Fair enough thanks

I have experience!

My AR-X four 3.5 did very well up Ruapehu (North island, New Zealand) 1600m above sea level. No chains needed, didn't lose traction as long as I was careful with the throttle. There was a guy with a Subaru forester that started sliding backwards and had to get a tow. 

Encountered a bit of ice on the highway going 100 but slowing down to 80 and being careful again with the throttle and steering I didn't have any sensation of it losing traction. 

Also I think most stageas have a "snow mode" button which limits harsh acceleration and locks the AWD to be 50/50 synchro instead of 90% RWD (Is that correct?)

20190706_134030.jpg

received_1254641044702344.jpeg

Edited by Ottdurr
Added more words

I just got my hm35 stagea (300 rx so rwd only) from Japan to Finland. Its Winter now so only snow and ice driving. With studded winter tyres no issues at all. Im sure with awd its only better 

It is Really good winter car I also live in northern Finland and use studded winter tyres. 

Its warm car no matter if outside is -30°

I had nm35 with little mods 

1 hour ago, Waders360 said:

Does all the Ar-x have snow mode? Im looking at pictures of a Pnm35 and I dont think it has the snow mode button. It should be next to the shifter right?

I've owned two 4wd stageas and the snow button is in a different place on both, see pics. No idea if all models will have one to be honest 

20191221_174127.jpg

20191221_174112.jpg

On 21/12/2019 at 6:44 AM, Ottdurr said:

I've owned two 4wd stageas and the snow button is in a different place on both, see pics. No idea if all models will have one to be honest 

20191221_174127.jpg

20191221_174112.jpg

Upper picture is serie2 and lower is serie1

If use snow button car will reduce power and the gearbox slips/slide when you start driving

4 hours ago, Waders360 said:

Thanks for the info. Im wondering if all Ar-x came with snow mode or if it was an option?

I think that all 4wd versions Have syncro/snow button