SAU Community

WTB r32 ARC side mount intercooler(thicker 100mm one)

tparker77

They are extremely rare. I tried to buy an ARC smic for my Stagea many years ago with no luck. Cracked and  got a front mount. Other makers include Trust and Nismo but be aware that any R33 or R34 models will not fit without major modification .

Thanks. 
Yea I’ve done my research n aware of all the in n outs.  Stock rb20 daily driver, I’ll only go fmic when I put rb25 neo in with forward facing plenum (I like shortest cooler piping for max response). 
Its worth trying my luck on rare arc smic, n if no luck after ages I might think about custom side mount, or just wait til I do neo/ffp/fmic..

On 12/22/2019 at 9:39 AM, tparker77 said:

(I like shortest cooler piping for max response)

Has far less effect than you could possibly believe.

I put hand made return flow front mount on my R32 when it was still a 20 and experienced exactly zero decrease in response. The length of pipe myth is just that - a myth.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, tparker77 said:

Thanks. 
Yea I’ve done my research n aware of all the in n outs.  Stock rb20 daily driver, I’ll only go fmic when I put rb25 neo in with forward facing plenum (I like shortest cooler piping for max response). 
Its worth trying my luck on rare arc smic, n if no luck after ages I might think about custom side mount, or just wait til I do neo/ffp/fmic..

Use an s15/r34  side mount for a cheap upgrade and make ducting from front around it. I've known of an s13 making almost 200kw with smic & water sprayer.

thanks guys, 

yea this wanted ad is mainly to see if I can find a rare BOLT ON SMIC (ARC, or TRUST or NISMO..).  Thanks anyway but not really asking for advice or opinion, I already know what I want to do.  I'm particular n always do my own research.?  Not real keen to cut my type M front bar/reo(spesh holesaw in body) for fmic.  MAY get gtr front bar in future..

GTSboy yea longer piping could b a bit of a myth I guess, b only very minimal if any improvement in response.  I'm no pro but it takes at least a tiny bit of time for the turbo to fill/pressurise all of the cooler n piping from idle/after bov release (n also time it takes to get some decent intake air speed/velocity at throttle body from idle..  especially if loaded with my heavy tools in 4th or 5th gear very low revs up hill, normal daily driving..).  Lots of variables.  As u may already know, main things for response r turbo size/design(eg EFR with light titanium turbine wheel, ball bearing etc), turbine housing size/design(twin scroll etc), inlet/exhaust runner length n inside diameter/design,  turbo back exhaust size, cooler piping size, big heavy rims, lightened flywheel  etc etc… (maybe even internal intercooler core design a tiny bit?..)..      We prob should all keep this as a wanted ad tho, I'm not a big fan of lots of typing, this is way too much already haha..?

cheers

16 hours ago, tparker77 said:

tiny bit of time

I've quoted the important words. Calculate the volume of the pipework. Now calculate the flowrates involved. Divide one by the other and then double the time for paranoia's sake. Undetectably small amounts of time.

You don't have to cut anything to fit a return flow cooler to an R32 if you plan it out and do it right. The smart ones amongst us set it up so that the return pipe runs behind the reo bar (not under the cooler, like most kits). That keeps the whole core out in the breeze, not hiding behind the reo.

My whole point is that there is no point wasting money and effort putting in a halfway right SMIC when you're planning to go 25 later anyway. Spending money twice is shitty.

??
If I find an ARC SMIC I might leave it in if I do neo n kept it stock(12psi max).  If I want a decent setup it’ll b forward facing plenum on a track car, not this car that my wife drives with kids sometimes.  My uncut plastic type M bar will need cutting for return flow..

Anyways,

let me know guys if u know of a bolt on r32 gtst SMIC 4 sale(ARC, or Trust or Nismo). 
thanks