SAU Community

Fuel injector machine

Guys,

i have bought autool injector cleaner.

would you use carb cleaner to ultrasonic cleaning as I think water is risky

how often will you change the fluid inside of the machine/ fuel injector cleaner?

would flow of 10% difference be maximum limit for differences between injectors?

If the injector doesn’t leak under machine test then can one assume it won’t leak inside engine?
finally, mine is top feed. Would basket and oring fit almost most top feed injectors?

4 hours ago, drifter17a said:

would you use carb cleaner to ultrasonic cleaning as I think water is risky

Neither. You must use a suitable solvent. Carb cleaner is too volatile & will evaporate out of the bath before you can even use it.. There are specific products for use in ultrasonic cleaners for fuel injectors.

how often will you change the fluid inside of the machine/ fuel injector cleaner?

Every time I used it.

would flow of 10% difference be maximum limit for differences between injectors?

Depends. Do you care about blowing the motor up? 2% would be more the sort of area you'd want.

If the injector doesn’t leak under machine test then can one assume it won’t leak inside engine?

Maybe. Depends on where the leak is. The top and bottom sealing points don't transfer from the machine to the manifold and fuel rail. Only the injector (& its o-rings) does. But if it doesn't drip through the injector, then at least that is good.

finally, mine is top feed. Would basket and oring fit almost most top feed injectors?

Nope. Many different sizes.

Edited by GTSBoy