SAU Community

Weird water in oil but not in radiator

Hi Guys

I have a series 1 r33gtr. The original problem was a valve guides broke and went ontop of a piston so while I had the motor out I replaced main bearings rings freshened up pistons replaced all gaskets replaced oil and water pump, I had the head rebuilt with stronger springs installed. Now I have reassembled the engine and installed it again but for some reason I have lost all boost (turbos spool up as usual) and also noticed that I have lost water from the radiator. I have checked all water lines and no mixture but when I removed the oil it was milky and found my water. It's not mixing in the water lines tho. Could anybody point me in the right direction please..

Thanks in advance..

2 minutes ago, Justinr2911 said:

I honestly didn't think of doing that cause it was running perfectly before the valve guide let go.

Really need to disassemble head from block, inspect head gasket carefully between all water and oil gallery sealing surfaces, if ok, take head to be pressure tested. Sorry for your troubles mate, its always a bastard when this sort of thing happens after a rebuild

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justinr2911 said:

Also head gasket is a new MLS gasket.

The most common failure of MLS head gaskets is poor surface preparation. MLS gaskets cannot conform to surface irregularities outside of their stated specification which is usually 20-30 RA (Roughness Average). I personally don't use them, My 30/25 has a genuine RB26 gasket and never had a problem.

7 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

The most common failure of MLS head gaskets is poor surface preparation. MLS gaskets cannot conform to surface irregularities outside of their stated specification which is usually 20-30 RA (Roughness Average). I personally don't use them, My 30/25 has a genuine RB26 gasket and never had a problem.

Thanks heaps I have found someone selling a new genuine head gasket might grab it. 

15 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Really need to disassemble head from block, inspect head gasket carefully between all water and oil gallery sealing surfaces, if ok, take head to be pressure tested. Sorry for your troubles mate, its always a bastard when this sort of thing happens after a rebuild

Head is off now I’ll have to wait till next week when my head guy comes back lol. He’s gonna love me he hated down the head the first time ??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justinr2911 said:

Thanks heaps I have found someone selling a new genuine head gasket might grab it. 

Amayama sell them for $100 delivered delivery around 2 weeks. Part number 11044-05U16

Edited by Rusty Nuts

Oh sweet thanks heaps

Just called the head guy $71.50 for the pressure test. Also need to replace the oil cooler on the side of the oil filter housing just to be safe aswell as exhaust cam cause some idiot snapped the key for the CAS. ???‍♂️ Lol.

I was also thinking of rebuilding the turbos while they are off could you recommend a good company to get the kit from?

Thanks heaps for the help man..

43 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Yeh, The oil warmer can fail but you usually also get oil in the radiator, I have'nt rebuilt GTR turbo's maybe another member can jump in here with a recommendation.

Thanks Rusty

• Like 1