SAU Community

Need a good tuner in calgary 93 GTR -7s

MoMnDadGTR

Hey guys I'm from Brandon MB, I recently bought a 1993 GTR with my wife. originally imported from b-pro yadda yadda yadda. Its our third gtr but this is the first one that we need a tune on. We have replaced everything on the car from -7's, splitfires with new iridiums, complete wiring harness, water pump, rad, thermosostat, all the sensors, mafs, 02's.  Runs like a dream no issues. although I want it tuned for safety either with or without the mafs ( go haltec).  If anyone has some legit good info on good guy tuners in Calgary please send me there number! I Wanted to take it to vex but didn't get along well with the guys as they told me to put my stock turbos back on because they can make 400 horepower and my -7s were a waste of money. Obviously still a great shop not bashing them just not going that route.  thanks boys happy new year. ill get some pics up of her very clean black 1993 gtr. feel blessed.

Thanks we have worked hard to finally be able to get into another gtr. I’ve blown the ceramics before at 1 bar. -7s spool awesome And sound great. just need someone to tune it now for safety and a better power curve, any tuners in Calgary or Medicine Hat that know these cars help a bro out? I don’t care about power just want a safe tune and want to use haltec and delete my MAFs. 

I was quite surprised when I called vex and they told me my -7s were a waste, probably because I never bought the turbos from them but oh well. They didn’t wanna take my money so looking for someone else now.

ya I've finally narrowed it down to a haltec ecu. my buddy owns the Toyota dealership here and just bought his own dyno for his big power supras. The boys are handy  using the haltec programming.problem solved gunna tune it ourselves as the haltec comes with a great base map. thanks for the help tho. cars ready to rock excited to see how far we can push it

• 1 month later...

messed aound with the haltec on our dyno for a few pulls got the car running nice with proper air fuel ratios.  still want to bring the car to someone that knows more than I do in the Calgary area.  Ive now talked to a few guys that have mentioned REV'D performance.  seem like good guys on the phone if anyone has anymore info shoot me a pm thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hope all is well to everyone in the alberta area through all this virus stuff....hoping to get together a descent car meet closer to September with all the nissans in the Calgary area. if your on board pm me through the months leading up to and lets get a descent crew together and do a Banff run...cheers