SAU Community

Hello and one quick rb related question?

Scotty33

Hi everybody feels good to finally be on here :) my names Scott i drive a 33 gtst was wondering wheres the best place to plumb a boost t so it looks neat and works well. mine currently runs across the top of my engine.... any help would be great. thanks  

rb.jpg

Well, teeing the boost sense line from the fuel pressure regulator is a bad idea anyway, because hacking into that line exposes it to more risk of accidentally opening up, which will fry the engine (due to lack of fuel) when under boost.

It is also a bad idea to run the boost sense line from the plenum chamber anyway. It should not be sensed from downstream of the throttle. You should get the boost source from the turbo outlet If there is a nipple there, which there usually isn't on R33s) or on the turbo outlet pipe.

29 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Well, teeing the boost sense line from the fuel pressure regulator is a bad idea anyway, because hacking into that line exposes it to more risk of accidentally opening up, which will fry the engine (due to lack of fuel) when under boost.

Disturbing that boost controller manufacturers specifically tell you to use this line huh?

Also, why is that line tee'd off again? for a boost gauge? son of rajab.. also not a great idea

I got a nipple welded into the turbo outlet pipe, the factory nipple was in the intercooler outlet pipe which is unfortunately ditched in front mount setups. This way all the piping and controller can be tucked in and around the airbox nice and clean.