SAU Community

R34 bonnet damper

Most people cannot repressurise the 33/34 boot dampers, I looked into that, but I'm pretty sure he's talking about adding bonnet dampers, not replacing existing boot / trunk dampers.

Don't really understand why you'd want them on a GTR (I'm pretty sure OP has a GTR), as the original aluminium bonnets are so light and not really required. On other skylines that have steel bonnets I would absolutely do this.

15 minutes ago, BK said:

Don't really understand why you'd want them on a GTR (I'm pretty sure OP has a GTR), as the original aluminium bonnets are so light and not really required. On other skylines that have steel bonnets I would absolutely do this.

I have Al bonnet on R32, and still occasionally ponder whether I should put struts onto it. It is certainly much easier/better/safer working under a bonnet that is held up by struts instead of the bonnet stay. It is reasonably easy to belt the stay with your elbow hard enough to give yourself a real fright.

Yeah I guess so. The Tein struts must be very low pressure, if they were anything like most struts holding up steel bonnets / boots like the 33 ones, you'd almost fold the bonnet in half when closing it !