SAU Community

R32 gtst to R34 gtt front end conversion

Chris D

What do you mean "conversion"? Are you talking about using original panels? You do realise that the R32 and the R34 are completely different shapes, right? You won't be able to stitch the rather vertical sided guards of the 34 onto the somewhat more curvy rear half of the R32 guards.

Any such conversion you have seen done before (like the S15 onto S13 strawberry face conversion) involves complete replacement panels in fibreglass. Not steel stitched to steel.

I'm not saying it is impossible, but it is not something you just "do". This would be a massive custom bodybuilding exercise to be undertaken by a skilled panelbeater.

31 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

What do you mean "conversion"? Are you talking about using original panels? You do realise that the R32 and the R34 are completely different shapes, right? You won't be able to stitch the rather vertical sided guards of the 34 onto the somewhat more curvy rear half of the R32 guards.

Any such conversion you have seen done before (like the S15 onto S13 strawberry face conversion) involves complete replacement panels in fibreglass. Not steel stitched to steel.

I'm not saying it is impossible, but it is not something you just "do". This would be a massive custom bodybuilding exercise to be undertaken by a skilled panelbeater.

Most likely using the rear half of the r32 fender and blending the r34 front half to it but that’s why I’m asking... If I have to make a custom fiberglass fenders that’s not a issue. Thanks for the input but I’m looking for actual experience on the topic. I get that it could be a little bit more work than a r32 core support replacement and that’s no problem either. I have time. 

7 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

So, did you search? More than 20 years of actual stuff on this forum alone.

viz.

Most of these use plastic.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r32+with+r34+front&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjkuNjK6PLmAhUFxzgGHRi9CcYQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1779&bih=888

Yes most are a dead end or not the way I’m doing this conversion. 

Edited by Chris D

Which suspension do you propose to use? The upper arm mounts to the inner guard are totally different between 32 and 34. If you're talking about using 34 radiator support panel, then it only makes sense to use the inners as well. And then you're forced to use 34 suspension. Not that that's a bad thing, as it is much better than the 32. But you're talking about major surgery of both the inners and outers.

3 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Which suspension do you propose to use? The upper arm mounts to the inner guard are totally different between 32 and 34. If you're talking about using 34 radiator support panel, then it only makes sense to use the inners as well. And then you're forced to use 34 suspension. Not that that's a bad thing, as it is much better than the 32. But you're talking about major surgery of both the inners and outers.

I don’t plan on messing with any of that. I’m gonna swap on the 32 core support with the 34. I’m sure there will be some fab work to get it on.  I only have the front nose not the whole front clip. 

• 2 weeks later...