SAU Community

R32 gtst to R34 gtt front end conversion

Chris D

6 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Congratulations on your achievement so far...but it still begs the question ...why?

Because I can. Why else...LOL haven’t you heard of thinking outside of the box or being creative...is this not allowed on this site? Should I search this forum on how to keep my skyline stock? The question for you is why would I do that... I already built it once. 

Edited by Chris D

It is interesting and clearly OP has the skills (and confidence) to get the project done.

The confusion will come from most people considering it a side-grade at best, given the amount of work thats been pumped into it which is un-reachable by most of the people here (self included)

For a result which most would say... is at best.. different. You'd find some would prefer either a R32 OR a R34, but not necessarily a front 32 on a 34, or vice versa. The only universally accepted front body swap seems to be a GTR or R34 GTT front end onto a stagea ?

But you know what - This is is what this section of the forum is for.. cosmetic styling and its some new content in here for once ?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nouveau_poor said:

Good progress, but would it not have been easier and/or cheaper to just get the Bee R kit? 

Core support was in bad shape and getting a R32 core support is near impossible in the states. I’m not sure what comes with the bee r kit either. Very little info on it. Oh and fiberglass....no thanks. 

Edited by Chris D

1 minute ago, Chris D said:

Core support was in bad shape and getting a R32 core support is near impossible in the states. 

Must have been serious if the support couldn't be refinished/reinforced. Once you're done, you'll have a pretty unique ride if you're stateside!

9 minutes ago, nouveau_poor said:

Must have been serious if the support couldn't be refinished/reinforced. Once you're done, you'll have a pretty unique ride if you're stateside!

Yeah I’m in Arizona. R32, R33 rb25 stroked to rb26 forged internals 500whp engine, R34 front end. Possibly one of a kind but idk. 

Edited by Chris D

I’m not interested in building another exact same car again (yeah it’s was clean and cool) but I would rather just sell it as is if that were the case. 

Edited by Chris D

• 2 weeks later...