• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

JanCT

Price advice

Hello I have a Nissan skyline GT320 - 2002.

Bought it from a colleague who'd had it as a brand new import. He's just bought another one.

So, Ive had it for 2 and a half years  and loved it. He had put in a new gearbox just before I bought it, but the gears are once again problematic. 

There is also a new issue with something in the cam shaft.  The garage has told me its not a big deal, but they just can't get the parts!

Its a lovely car, but it looks like the time has come to sell it. It will be ideal for one of you guys who are into working on this sort of thing.

I'm looking for any advice as to a realistic price to ask.  If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate them.

Thank you. JanCT

What is a GT320?

Am I dum?

You can post the model code from your VIN plate, and more information about your car (engine/gearbox modifications).

Thank you.  The car is 2002. Nissan Skyv35.

Currently needs camshaft sensor for one side, but I'm in rural NSW so no parts available. Hence, selling it. 

When I bought it 2 years ago the gearbox had been replaced.  There are issues with that.  This car needs an enthusiast who would like to work on it.

I am selling it and looking for any advice on pricing.

Thanks everyone, anyone.

So based on that extremely vague info of model and issues 1000 bucks if you are lucky and can actually prepare an ad that makes any sense.

Auspost delivers to rural NSW. Kudos Motorsports has cam sensors for around $100 delivered. 

The gearbox is a different kettle of fish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks and I do understand about the gearbox.  Hence I'm trying to determine a realistic asking price.

I can't believe how sad I feel on having to give up this car.  Its been a unique experience.

Jan

So is it a CVT V35 3.0L ? Nissan called it GT-8 I think, because of the stupid idea of CVT having simulated gears.