Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


neopowered34

Purchasing a R34 GT-T 5spd with 180,000km. Value?

Recommended Posts

G'day All

Well it's been a while since I've owned a skyline and I'm looking into a R34 GT-T, I sold my last one over 5 years ago at 120xxxkm & the one I have my eye on currently has just under 190ks. My hesitation lies in the possibility of re-selling down the track when it's more likely going to have done 220ks...do you think the R34 will retain value past 200,000km and a market for buyers at that km? I'm not massive into modding etc, would just be something to enjoy owning once again. Cheers, Neo34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As time ticks by the ks matter much less of they aren't verified.

Does the car you are looking at have full history to verify the ks? Did your previous car?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

As time ticks by the ks matter much less of they aren't verified.

Does the car you are looking at have full history to verify the ks? Did your previous car?

 

It has some import papers but nothing else, I'm strongly considering spending the $ and getting a check from Japan if it's going to assist in verifying ks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely do a history check. Could have been smashed and fixed, could also be a good condition import, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, neopowered34 said:

It has some import papers but nothing else, I'm strongly considering spending the $ and getting a check from Japan if it's going to assist in verifying ks 

For me, it would depend on condition at these kms. 100+ kms on the clock and you know you aren't buying a low km car. 
At that point you should be looking at condition more than anything else. 

You could get a check, but i'm not sure if it would be worth it. If it were me, i'd rather spend the money on a decent mechanical inspection by a Skyline expert (or at least someone familiar with them). 

Regarding your concern around re-sale value, at these price points, I would expect these to hold their value over the next 10 years. However, I would not expect this to appreciate. If you were super keen on buying something that will appreciate, I would suggest looking at a stock, low kms GTT or equivalent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Condition is the only thing that matters. My car is at 230k km and has had 2 engines, 4 different transmissions, 2 rear subframes, 3 different sized front brake setups, every suspension bush changed at least twice, some as many as 10 times. 3 different radiators, 3 ECUs, etc etc etc.

Some parts of the car are still original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

 

Regarding your concern around re-sale value, at these price points, I would expect these to hold their value over the next 10 years. However, I would not expect this to appreciate. If you were super keen on buying something that will appreciate, I would suggest looking at a stock, low kms GTT or equivalent.

Thanks for the reply and I agree with your projection; I’m specifically wanting something that will at a minimum hold value i.e a bayside blue GT-T or a Stock low km GT-T with factory options. PMd you something for further discussion 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niZmO_Man said:

Definitely do a history check. Could have been smashed and fixed, could also be a good condition import, who knows.

Will do, it’s $95 USD...but a small investment for a 20k + car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Condition is the only thing that matters. My car is at 230k km and has had 2 engines, 4 different transmissions, 2 rear subframes, 3 different sized front brake setups, every suspension bush changed at least twice, some as many as 10 times. 3 different radiators, 3 ECUs, etc etc etc.

Some parts of the car are still original.

This is true. 99.9% of Skylines now are some variant of Grandfather's Axe/Ship of Thesus. Condition and kms are nearly completely disconnected nowadays.

Nearly 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove dash, replace with MoTec C1212. tell next buyer no idea of KM.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Remove dash, replace with MoTec C1212. tell next buyer no idea of KM.

I'm after one that's as close to stock as possible, this would probably hurt the value but yes would stop Km going up 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2020 at 9:02 AM, KiwiRS4T said:

Checkout the steering wheel, has paddle shift, may have been a conversion or replacement....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, neopowered34 said:

Checkout the steering wheel, has paddle shift, may have been a conversion or replacement....

VIN is JN1GCER34A0202109 which shows as factory auto, good spotting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...