SAU Community

Gday

So while i'm collecting parts for my build i also want to pretty my engine bay up.. I wanna use adjustable cam gears on both sides with clear cover with a ross trigger kit, I wanna know if i can still bolt the vct gear onto intake adjustable cam gear before i buy it.. 

I was gonna use camtech 272 9mm cams with some light head work but will go bigger lift and delete vct if the inlet cam doesnt fit.. I do plan on forged internals bigger sump etc..

Will be built for more for a powercruise powerskid straight line car.. have got gtx3582r .82 not really worried about lag but also want a nice looking bay aswell and its in a vk commodore and i want something different.

Samo

You cannot bolt the VCT onto an adjustable cam gear, however you'll be silly to delete VCT. I understand it's a VK, and you don't care too much about lag because I assume it would be comboed with a sex spec auto box with a transbrake.

How I see it, people with big coin GT-Rs spend thousands to fit V-Cam to their motors to get essentially a better VCT setup.

If you want something different, I reckon fit in a Barra into your VK and go even a bigger turbo :)