SAU Community

Canada 1993 gtr ready for action

Just now, Duncan said:

funny way for double wishbone or strut suspension to work.....or is that borrowed from a horse and cart?

if they make it i will brake it. although that cummins motor is unkillable

Of course this shows up right when we are done everything and used the oem intercooler for now. Looks like it bolts to the stock location and we won’t have to change much to the piping hopefully.

B360698C-B05D-4E87-91F5-D6DD287BA6FE.jpeg

• Like 1

i gotta say the plasmaman stuff is to me top notch. even comparing the intake manifolds to hypertune and what not i feel like the plasmaman stuff is untouchable. came packaged ready for war.

Well mates you have seen a million downpipes I’m sure but here’s my buddies stab at a nice 4” 304 stainless full exhaust. Used all vibrant stuff highly recommended. Cheers hope you guys approve! Lots of hours in making it look right in our eyes and having the welds look real nice.

4346F0E8-9AF5-4A3F-87FC-505A9EDCFA62.jpeg

06B986C3-378F-439E-ACF2-423E68A91CFE.jpeg

FE196173-4078-4900-83C7-962163A6130B.jpeg

21D68519-120C-4278-A6DB-F0893080E38D.jpeg

• Like 1

Little tight with the big downpipe but this is going to Loop right back down and chuck the screamer straight to the ground. I’m lucky to have a friend that can make all this work. Humbling experience!

F03BE74B-63D6-4178-9701-B9C8D1B22BAE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 03/03/2021 at 5:30 AM, Unzipped Composites said:

Jesus dude, please don't run that mesh thing off the turbo. Have mercy, please.

I ordered it ages ago I’m not using it we had a laugh and threw it on and may throw it on at car shows wat ever. I actually do like the way it looks couldn’t care less what people think really. Our finished intake will be posted in a bit. K and n filter to few pie cuts. Take a chill pill mate Jesus didn’t do anything to you lol. 

9 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

I ordered it ages ago I’m not using it we had a laugh and threw it on and may throw it on at car shows wat ever. I actually do like the way it looks couldn’t care less what people think really. Our finished intake will be posted in a bit. K and n filter to few pie cuts. Take a chill pill mate Jesus didn’t do anything to you lol. 

Man, I feel like every second post I make in here is explaining that my previous post was good natured, so perhaps my brand of online commentary isn't all that welcome. No problem.

I'm just a guy on the internet man, don't need to defend yourself to me. As I said before, you do you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Man, I feel like every second post I make in here is explaining that my previous post was good natured, so perhaps my brand of online commentary isn't all that welcome. No problem.

I'm just a guy on the internet man, don't need to defend yourself to me. As I said before, you do you.

if you werent always adding comments like, you do you and for god sake have mercy dont run that screen being super dramatic over a faking 20 dollar part, when you could just say hey man nice build ive heard those screens arent the best.  quit being a stick in the mud your acting like a woman mate lol. just enjoy the dam photos of the car!!! lol

1 hour ago, mlr said:

What are you doing for thermal protection mate, shits gonna get real hot

my neck of the woods an average day is about 10-15 degrees its very cold here cooling is rarely an issue. I'm running a new viscous  fan with a larger custom rad. nothing to crazy mate. 

we are running a ton of safety features and extra sensors through the haltech too, so we will have alot of protection from the tuning side of things as well! gotta protect the investment lol.

47 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

my neck of the woods an average day is about 10-15 degrees its very cold here cooling is rarely an issue. I'm running a new viscous  fan with a larger custom rad. nothing to crazy mate. 

I'm talking about the exhaust/turbine housing and dump/screamer pipe

That's looks like bonnet and firewall paint melting stuff

I had a highmounted old TO4ZE years ago, the heat coming off that was intense, even ceramic coating didn't keep it in check 

I recommend some form of beanie for the exhaust housing and some form of lagging/wrapping for the dump and screamer at least

13 hours ago, mlr said:

I'm talking about the exhaust/turbine housing and dump/screamer pipe

That's looks like bonnet and firewall paint melting stuff

I had a highmounted old TO4ZE years ago, the heat coming off that was intense, even ceramic coating didn't keep it in check 

I recommend some form of beanie for the exhaust housing and some form of lagging/wrapping for the dump and screamer at least

hey mate thats good advice. i know that we are laying tape on that strut tower i ordered some special heat stuff, also a turbo blanket from precision. as well i got some of that flame resistant 12an sleeves for all my oil lines. trying not to cut any corners at all. by the way need 12 an sleeves to fit 10an line. the 10an sleeves are too tight for 10an braided.  cheers mate thanks again