SAU Community

Canada 1993 gtr ready for action

16 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Are those Regamaster 17x10 wheels? Looking good

You bet I found them on a Japanese auction used. They aren’t perfect but look not bad. I really wanted a set of volk vs-xx but way outta my budget as getting the motor and awd system on this car right broke the bank. I did have another question for you about the car. I am pulling the motor next week to do my oil pump gears and clutch. Just an opinion if you think I should go with an extended crank collar or just continue with what I have and install the remax gears. Car runs 400wkw and rarely sees over 7 thousand rpm. Cheers m8 your help has been appreciated. I do have a very good machine shop in town, my engine runs very well I just don’t wanna screw anything up and loose my engine to oil failure. I know lots of threads just want some personal opinions first from guys that know.

Edited by MoMnDadGTR

9 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

You bet I found them on a Japanese auction used. They aren’t perfect but look not bad. I really wanted a set of volk vs-xx but way outta my budget as getting the motor and awd system on this car right broke the bank. I did have another question for you about the car. I am pulling the motor next week to do my oil pump gears and clutch. Just an opinion if you think I should go with an extended crank collar or just continue with what I have and install the remax gears. Car runs 400wkw and rarely sees over 7 thousand rpm. Cheers m8 your help has been appreciated. I do have a very good machine shop in town, my engine runs very well I just don’t wanna screw anything up and loose my engine to oil failure. I know lots of threads just want some personal opinions first from guys that know.

you have a 1993 GTR so 'should' have the long nose crank already...

ok thanks that's good news mate! I didn't know they changed the clutch slave push/pull on this year as well...found this out last night as well when I was under there unplugging stuff...I noticed it was different then my last r32 gtr and did a quick search finding out it hasn't been changed/modified and that's how the car comes stock I guess. still learning lots!

ya I can confirm the crank collar is an extended one I can post pics.  looks to be in real nice shape I think I will reuse it. thanks again...

On 03/03/2020 at 4:01 AM, MoMnDadGTR said:

Thanks mate, you end up scooping that gts?

Hey dude nah the OP hasn't responded I don't think they're looking at selling. 

7 hours ago, trel said:

Hey dude nah the OP hasn't responded I don't think they're looking at selling. 

ahh would have been a great project. gts or gtr have become super hard to find in my area. most have been neglected by younger fellows or completely over hauled and stored.  if I was in your area I would have more cars and zero money haha. im currently in the transaction of another gts r32 with awd.  was a similar situation I can get it for cheap with a bunch of issues. cars gunna be painted joker purple for my wife will be a wild project im sure! good luck with finding another build brotha. 

Post some pics when you pick it up.

I missed the GT-R boat long, long ago unfortunately. A wife, house and couple of kids does that so I'm happy with the GTS-T. The prices of GT-R are blowing up now for sure but in time so will the boat, no where near GT-R prices but still will have their place.

I hear yeah brotha...im in the same boat I can barely afford my gtr I actually sold a bucket truck from my fleet to buy it. I will forsure send some pics of the gts! not doing a build thread on it but will ad the pics to this one. I like the gts rear wheel drive platform more than the gtr...ive driven a 500whp track gts it hooked like my gtr and would have killed it on a straight line too.  there all just metal mate cant take em to the grave all the same to me haha...

ive always fought with my attessa systems to work properly through all the different gtrs Ive  had in past. buying this gts will keep k off the r and will be super fun to drive!

On 04/03/2020 at 7:34 AM, MoMnDadGTR said:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/winnipeg/1990-skyline-gtst/1490353503

here is a link to the car I cannot get more pictures or even get to the car until the 1st of next month ahhhh it is what it is! I mistyped in my older post this car is rwd. at least can get a hang for what the car is, has some weird body kit stuff going on im going to remove and then paint joker purple. probably end up making it look like a gtr a little bit with wing and front bumper etc.  roof rack for the yacks n bikes she will be a fun daily!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

No better place to quarantine with the family haha. Who’s says you can’t daily a gtrrrrrrrrrrr!

IMG_1079.MOV

Must be doing something wrong...massive download and all I got was a picture of a quaver and a few seconds of music!

ya I don't know what happened there was a nice little video of my family in the gtr just snoozing away doing 50 lol. ill figure it out here pretty funny video

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always had this evc but never wanted to install it as every time I got reading about setting it up seemed pretty complicated for what it was worth. Anyway I like the screen and the a and b setting option so I figured fak it give it a shot. I still don’t know if it’s set up right through the evc, although I know the plumbing is right. Any pointers would be great I didn’t bother hooking up the rpm or tps signals. Seems to work fine I reach my target boosts and a bit more sometimes in low gears....1.3 on -5s feels great! Also I mounted the step motor upside down just cause it fit better you can see in the pictures. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea let me know seems to work fine tho. Last photo is where you run the wires through the wirewall behind the wheel well on driver side.

031A04F4-5260-4D4D-AAD2-D216B9CB6BF0.jpeg

A09974D7-BEC5-4B5F-B98B-64D3ED53CFA4.jpeg

DC6EA613-2805-4989-9E21-5A46FC5DA6A0.jpeg

24 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

I’ve always had this evc but never wanted to install it as every time I got reading about setting it up seemed pretty complicated for what it was worth. Anyway I like the screen and the a and b setting option so I figured fak it give it a shot. I still don’t know if it’s set up right through the evc, although I know the plumbing is right. Any pointers would be great I didn’t bother hooking up the rpm or tps signals. Seems to work fine I reach my target boosts and a bit more sometimes in low gears....1.3 on -5s feels great! Also I mounted the step motor upside down just cause it fit better you can see in the pictures. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea let me know seems to work fine tho. Last photo is where you run the wires through the wirewall behind the wheel well on driver side.

031A04F4-5260-4D4D-AAD2-D216B9CB6BF0.jpeg

I think I read earlier you have a haltech, why are you not using that to control boost as is a lot better and can build in some safety?

12 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

I think I read earlier you have a haltech, why are you not using that to control boost as is a lot better and can build in some safety?

12 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Hey mate of course. I have it set to same target boost. I use it as a boost gauge really. Like I said I don’t care about the functions, the car seems to run the same just wanted to see if anyone thought it would damage anything. I like how it looks to just a cool piece. I have some rare hks gauges I wanted to mount up beside this controller just for looks.

Edited by MoMnDadGTR

It’s Does run a little more boost with some creep now but the car feels great and my air fuels are wayyyyy better now according to the gauge. I’m gunna leave the setup just went for a rip she feels like an animal now. I don’t wanna touch my haltec I just got by car back it was locked up at Toyota”virus reasons”. Once my tuner is back I’ll have him set it up again make sure all is safe. New stainless 4” custom exhaust this weekend will update!

These ph hks gauges were over ten years old still OG in box!! Will post some pics on eve I get these mounted up with the evc, going to figure out the mounting In The centre vent with a custom made plate gunna be beefy. 

8575D9A3-EE25-4C8C-B195-7AABF931D0B4.jpeg

D3FF2590-2F69-4FC5-94BA-9436926426D2.jpeg