SAU Community

Canada 1993 gtr ready for action

18 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

nice mate, did you use 2 sided tape to mount? 

I ran a neat run of electrical tape around the hks unit which made it a nice snug fit. The trim piece itself I used a strip of 3M tape on the top section only. It's not moving anywhere unless I pry it out with some decent force.

• 2 weeks later...

Was having some wierd stumbling issues and idling issues lately, was very inconsistent. Was smelling fuel from the gas tank and figured I’d drop it to find clearly what my issue was. 30 year old fuels if you haven’t replaced them on your gtr I highly recommend!

8071BE14-1DA9-49E2-8899-4912BDD5B57D.jpeg

DFB86E88-4651-4EBF-B686-75BAB50C5299.jpeg

Back up and running like a champ! Man I love the old girl. She far from perfect but sure makes a fun cruise with family or a fun weekend at the track! Good to be back up and boosting

F7BB316B-5697-4B68-8D45-63A011F59E8B.jpeg

• Haha 1

hahah mate funny thing...when i was trying to put the fuel tank back in i was having troubles getting the rubber hose where it meets the filler neck on back on. i just finished a 16 hour day at work and literally felt mentally challenged for like one hour trying to get the broad minded person back on, i was screaming so loud my neighbor came over and was ready to dial 911 lol. im a bit of a black out so ill keep those moments to myself lol. definitely a love hate but at the end of the day i go to the grave with my bnr32.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got my custom 60mm gauge holder from a friend of mine on gtr uk. This is a super high quality custom made 3D printed unit. They run about 500us to get one if anyone looking for one in there car. This was the first one made ever after a lot of measuring and testing. My shrunken dash does t leave the best finish but fitted to a good dash it looks unreal. 

19C0FCBC-7E54-4F7B-AA0A-B9E352F0AA5E.jpeg

5AFDAFD9-B9EC-4F73-950C-B0533502407E.jpeg

496FA346-4D2B-499E-9C5D-BDEC1FBDBFE8.jpeg

4 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

Well I finally got my custom 60mm gauge holder from a friend of mine on gtr uk. This is a super high quality custom made 3D printed unit. They run about 500us to get one if anyone looking for one in there car. This was the first one made ever after a lot of measuring and testing. My shrunken dash does t leave the best finish but fitted to a good dash it looks unreal. 

19C0FCBC-7E54-4F7B-AA0A-B9E352F0AA5E.jpeg

5AFDAFD9-B9EC-4F73-950C-B0533502407E.jpeg

496FA346-4D2B-499E-9C5D-BDEC1FBDBFE8.jpeg

500 dollars US for that? are you actually kidding? 

I know what im doing this weekend, plus when i design it i'll make sure it covers the indentation in the dash around the outside of it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaymoR32 said:

500 dollars US for that? are you actually kidding? 

I know what im doing this weekend, plus when i design it i'll make sure it covers the indentation in the dash around the outside of it.

awesome mate if you can make a better one for a  cheaper price id scoop one from you in a heart beat. in fact i challenge you ill take one for sure and ill fit it see which ones better. he made exactly what i wanted i gave me cheaper options with less high quality material. i could not find  60mm gauge holder like that for that vent so i paid for it big deal lol i couldnt care less.

These pics show the ripping and heavy duty clips that were added way better than the stock clips that the vent had. I’m still impressed with the holder but also interested to see what you come up with mate.

F18A3BA8-0D3A-48FC-9EA6-E4B9AB2097E6.jpeg

316622C4-8875-450D-B73C-9A89B733B040.jpeg

3C60999C-A6C6-4DC5-AA8B-3C11173632C3.jpeg

It’s not even $10 worth of material, I’m assuming it’s printed in ABS? Even if it was nylon it would be about $50 at most and that’s Australian dollars. I’ll start designing one. Check my build thread I just designed and installed a dash in my car... and that was about $8 of material

Edited by DaymoR32

7 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

These pics show the ripping and heavy duty clips that were added way better than the stock clips that the vent had. I’m still impressed with the holder but also interested to see what you come up with mate.

F18A3BA8-0D3A-48FC-9EA6-E4B9AB2097E6.jpeg

316622C4-8875-450D-B73C-9A89B733B040.jpeg

3C60999C-A6C6-4DC5-AA8B-3C11173632C3.jpeg

I don't doubt the creators ability as I'm using his HKS ash tray holder, but I do think the fitment looks a bit off. Did he print this out as a one off order?

8 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

I don't doubt the creators ability as I'm using his HKS ash tray holder, but I do think the fitment looks a bit off. Did he print this out as a one off order?

hey mate, i know this is the first one he has made as i reached out to him and challenged him to design a strong 60mm gauge holder i could take in and out with ease. when the pod holder was built it was designed for a perfect dash which it does really fit nicely. as i stated my dash is shrunked really bad and doesnt give the pod holder the finish it deserves. i actually paid alot more than 500 as i know how much time he put in to get the holder designed. im sure now that its created you could get one for a much cheaper price, but as i was the first it was expensive. if i was rich id buy another and send it to you so you could feel the quality, theres no flex at all and the tabs are awesome. based off the price of some gauge holders ive seen i feel like its worth about 400. im happy with his efforts i own a tree service for a living and dont think anyone should work for free. also the outer edge of the holder is the exact same size as a stock vent so just based off that its enough info to know it will fit like stock as the depth is the same as well. chears mate. 

2 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

hey mate, i know this is the first one he has made as i reached out to him and challenged him to design a strong 60mm gauge holder i could take in and out with ease. when the pod holder was built it was designed for a perfect dash which it does really fit nicely. as i stated my dash is shrunked really bad and doesnt give the pod holder the finish it deserves. i actually paid alot more than 500 as i know how much time he put in to get the holder designed. im sure now that its created you could get one for a much cheaper price, but as i was the first it was expensive. if i was rich id buy another and send it to you so you could feel the quality, theres no flex at all and the tabs are awesome. based off the price of some gauge holders ive seen i feel like its worth about 400. im happy with his efforts i own a tree service for a living and dont think anyone should work for free. also the outer edge of the holder is the exact same size as a stock vent so just based off that its enough info to know it will fit like stock as the depth is the same as well. chears mate. 

Yep i understand where you are coming from, and i understand the amount of time spent designing, printing, revising design, reprinting etc that it would have taken. Im a design engineer by trade so i also agree people shouldnt work for free. on the flipside though, you were part of the development process and he can still technically sell heaps more. 

He now has the base design that clicks into the dash and can reconfigure it for 3 x 52mm gauges or any other combo and you've paid for all that essentially.

Not knocking you for doing it, just saying that i feel you've been charged a bit too much mate thats all.

• Like 2

ya definitely well put mate! i was a little choked with the price you would almost think its a old logo nismo piece at that price.

• Like 1

at least now that i have taken the bullet to have this thing developed other people can now enjoy the pod if they decide to get one. i took one for the team lol...the evc mount i bought from the guy was about 100us so i figured this one would be pricy. which i also have 5 extra of if someone needs i would just give them away if someone really wants one. can ship for free to the boys down under as you guys have helped me with many issues on my car.

• Like 1