SAU Community

Canada 1993 gtr ready for action

How did Santa know! 6466  let the good times role and the rb’s roar merry christmas good chaps from your crazy Canadians she’s -40 Celsius now here nice time to tune in the shop

F7C121B7-D58C-43EC-B346-44A5FF702E18.jpeg

2BF320C4-9CB6-4629-BF05-CA7678E30428.jpeg

8B735184-2CAE-4D0F-A49E-351E4F050308.jpeg

• Like 1

Running a single walbro hellcat fuel pump525, this should bolt right in my tank and be good for 500kw? Any input would be nice. I don’t want a complicated setup at all.

On 25/12/2020 at 6:03 PM, BK said:

When you say bolt in, I hope you don't intend on using that fuel pump through the factory lines or wiring. You've pretty much gone down the road of completely redoing your fuel system now.

i went with a single throttle manifold came with fuel rail for 14mm injectors i went id1300.....bolting the pump in my stock fuel tank. i guess you could call this redoing my fuel system....pretty simple really will work well past the horse power goals im going for. ive already done the rewire with a relay for my fuel pump ages ago.

for the 250 bucks you cant go wrong with the walbro hellcat its super quiet too. i see lots of people using that frenchie twin in tank setup but personally im keeping my cost down on this build going major budget style where i can! braided lines obviously, no swirl pot or anything just simple. just finished purchasing my final piece(haltec 2500) and i think ill be eating kraft dinner for the next year or so. was not a cheap build to do motor is still at machine shop then the build will be going down everyday. about 30k after all the parts and the donor motor was purchased and i budgeted throughout! cant believe some of the builds i see these days some major dollars spent on some of the cars down under! impressive and fun to see. cheers will keep updated once the parts show up! budget 500kw here we come

Are you still using the factory hard lines from the fuel tank? If so, these will be a restriction at that power level and you'll want to change them.

I also don't like the idea of running these Hellcats in the same way as a smaller pump with a conventional relay, they draw a massive amount of current. You really want to use a solid state relay and be controlling it through the ECU via PWM so that you aren't running the pump flat out at idle. 

Minimum 10g wiring on the high side as well. 

37 minutes ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Are you still using the factory hard lines from the fuel tank? If so, these will be a restriction at that power level and you'll want to change them.

I also don't like the idea of running these Hellcats in the same way as a smaller pump with a conventional relay, they draw a massive amount of current. You really want to use a solid state relay and be controlling it through the ECU via PWM so that you aren't running the pump flat out at idle. 

Minimum 10g wiring on the high side as well. 

hey mate, 10mm fuel lines. good info there. total side note. my motor is at machine shop and im debating doing a partial grout fill on my block for the roughly 500kw. waste of time or no

Yeh for me grout filling is a drag racing thing, I wouldn't do it on anything that needs a cooling system. Obviously there are those on here that would disagree with me, and thats cool - but for me, no. A block brace could be a useful investment, but again - plenty have gone 500kw+ without one. 

3 hours ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Yeh for me grout filling is a drag racing thing, I wouldn't do it on anything that needs a cooling system. Obviously there are those on here that would disagree with me, and thats cool - but for me, no. A block brace could be a useful investment, but again - plenty have gone 500kw+ without one. 

yeah mate i was thinking the prp brace, i had to buy the honing brace for my machine shop and talked to the boys at prp at same time. they said im right on the fence and it would proabably be a good idea to run one.  i dont think there is much machining for the prp brace onto the rb26 block if im correct?

I'm gunna run the brace without the integrated main caps ordered it today...fancy colour too lol. figure once i drive it at 500kw ill want more yet again so build for future...the 6466 should have tons of room so the power will be available if i learn to drive it with 500. alot of 2jz guys in the area so i gotta show em whats up this year at track and would love to reach 650kw. my husband ordered a big barrel of e85 things are getting legit haha. we are definitily going for broke on this one mates. i follow so many big horse power builds it boggles my mind I feel so lucky to be starting my own even though it is a budget build! thanks for your help mates, always a pleasure.

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

-40? What the actual f**k!  How do you function at all? I go to shit if it gets down to plus 10!

Haha I'm sure he will ask how we function at all when we get over 40° here, you just do. I function better in the cold though, I'd much rather -40 than +40! Atleast with -40 you can just put on more clothes, with +40 you just suffer through it.

To be fair though, once you go below -5°, cold is cold, you dont really notice the difference. I was in Greenland last year for 11 days, 8 of which were below -30. But you dress the same for it, you're still wearing all your gear so its not super noticeable. Your face gets pretty cold pretty quick though!

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

-40? What the actual f**k!  How do you function at all? I go to shit if it gets down to plus 10!

i barely do and so do the vehicles. i laughed my ass off at that post where buddy says after -5 cold is cold. lol mate after -30 cold is cold, plus with wind chills usually around -45 to minus -50 at our coldest month. i have a 220 heater and a wood stove in my shop just to keep it at 18. our mechanics make a living from cold weather here it gets brutal. it kills vehicles, old poeple, and our roads take a beating from the weather.  when your brakes, power steering, and transmission cant work properly for half an hour because its so cold thats fricken cold mate! it gets so cold our front windows just crack randomly.  i can definitely agree though with hot weather being tough on rb motors and i cant even breathe when it gets hot. you can always dress for cold weather but our vehicles cant, and don't last long down here from salt, sand, and the brutal weather.  

• Like 1

everyone thinks we are so tough in canada with our cold weather but a little secret we all end up moving to a warmer place if we can afford it eventually lol....there are much warmer places in canada than here. in January and Febuary canadians are all bitching about cold weather and hiding in our ice fishing shacks.

if someone can explain to me what i need to tell my machine shop for this prp brace that I had rush shipped from sydney that would be awesome(non intergrated caps). i do have a rough idea just want to hear it fresh from someone that has been through it and knows 100 percent. seems like the machining is different throughout rb30 rb25 2wd 4wd etc, so please only need explanation for rb26 block thanks mates!

Ask PRP, they will be able to run you through it. Best to ask them direct, they revise their gear so often there's a good chance those on here that have been through it are already out of date haha. 

P.S. not convinced you can tell the difference between -5 and -15 just walking outside. The cars and shit not working is another matter! 😆

11 hours ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Ask PRP, they will be able to run you through it. Best to ask them direct, they revise their gear so often there's a good chance those on here that have been through it are already out of date haha. 

P.S. not convinced you can tell the difference between -5 and -15 just walking outside. The cars and shit not working is another matter! 😆

ok ill go this route forsure and yeah they are probably on revision 16 or 17 i should of thought of that, thanks for the help good chap.  i do agree with you on the -5 to -15 its a cake walk! -30 to -45 for 35 years gets to a guy. let my dog out to eat this morning full size lab lasted 3 minutes feet were frozen. no joke mate but nice wood stove in the garage keeps the gtr's warm n toasty year round

Off to the machine shop today with block and head wish us luck mates! Slippery slope equals empty wallet and then some. Fack it rb power oil issues for life send it. Some pictures of the bores prior to. Looked good to me for a  boner doner motor.  Bottom picture is of our head mechanic master engine installer. 

4E966CF2-6C80-460D-A7E0-68330332C0D0.jpeg

BB006C96-CC0A-49F2-9520-1BDA34D81E2B.jpeg

3EFC0E28-0374-4573-9C35-47EE15CDBB11.jpeg

1DA98CA5-06FA-421E-90B2-3C6FA9FFB9F6.jpeg

18B7A569-8A41-4DBF-BCAA-A794AB87A3AF.jpeg

0B31CD25-2A3C-430E-9C61-44F3D28383E0.jpeg

DABFA27E-D9C4-493A-990B-08F068376F56.jpeg

02932E5A-19FA-4860-B34C-C86112A3D397.jpeg

E00AD43D-6618-467E-B489-A98C3BEE689A.jpeg

A016FCC4-3290-4184-94F4-9F62B6FBE881.jpeg

01E31E1F-EEA8-4D50-9C80-D11ED363F1E5.jpeg

37FB1413-19A7-4A7B-855B-F8D6CD7247B5.jpeg