SAU Community

Canada 1993 gtr ready for action

Couple carbon pieces installed before we start the big budget build this week. Made some room on the pool table. I really was sceptical about changing the look of it but I actually really like it! Replica jun eBay lip and trunk bonnet fit pretty good👍

87A6141B-2BCA-4259-BEDB-3B540DEF6F1E.jpeg

7CECF39F-ED74-4F70-90C8-EE6429E01519.jpeg

97C0ED92-DE7E-4FE4-8021-8E7E5CE948F6.jpeg

• Like 1

If anyone knows where I can get a carbon side skirt extension send me a link👍 I’m looking for the full length not just the rear skirt pod. 

I really wanted to try one of these manifolds and not spend 3k on a hyper tune. I must say I’m very happy with the quality, 1200 to my door with fuel rail and throttle👍 Thanks np boosted for the hook up.  Also redid the rega’s with some sand paper and some spray bomb action.  About 10 hours sanding and 1 hour painting and they look pretty good for 50 bucks. Cheers mates single build starting right away just waiting for the manifold 

69F997AE-A701-4792-94EF-98B90E169485.jpeg

5E153FC0-275C-48C3-B134-6C20B25DE3E9.jpeg

49A6937D-52D4-405D-BA67-1043571F4303.jpeg

61F4D9CC-60BE-4893-A75E-94C8589DE280.jpeg

The rivets seem to fit much tighter the higher you get your leg up in the air. Very important if you can get both legs up in the air even better. Carbon exhaust shield to cover up the bunged burnt area from my exhaust 

75B11C53-09E1-4FC4-BC3C-EBE8CC58E03B.jpeg

42959B9D-01E5-46E5-B077-36BD452929AF.jpeg

FEAD8D31-0BA6-435B-ACFD-0D3CFF02181A.jpeg

• Like 1

One last pull on the twins before we rip her apart and add another couple hundred horse power. this is as roughly 500+whp 22psi. pulling it to about 7800...listen to the 4" exhaust just cracking the earth! almost makes me sad to go single but i think im done with the twins. i hope my 6466 has same spool as my -5's.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Your 6466 will come on way faster then the -5s, I went from -5s to a 6466 .84ts and it’s all in at least 500rpm earlier 

i may have went overkill on the exhaust side but ill try it and swap it out later if no good. i went with a 1.15 a/r...

Edited by MoMnDadGTR
  • Like 1

ya ill keep you posted on it mate. build will be done in no time im just waiting for my 6boost manifold,  im going to use the motor that's in the car and push to 22psi. when my built motor is done i will try at 30 on e85. let you know my results.

On 08/01/2021 at 9:47 PM, r32-25t said:

Will be keen to see how it goes, I’m looking at swapping mine to a 1.0 when I put the 2.8 in it, so looking forward to comparing them 

hey mate i know for a fact your knowledge is heaps and above mine. im going to run 30 psi with a prp brace motor fully built, is currently being machined, maybe grout fill half. not a budget guy but I like to keep things very simple if I can. i have always ran a completely stock head and only replaced valve guides when motor is apart. i dont plan on revving it past 8 thousand ever so do you reccommend any other head work i should do other than the guides? maybe double valve springs from supertech with some mild ass cams. again i dont two step the car, i don't over rev it, occasionally drag it once in a while thats it. 8 litre sump with oil cooler head restrictor and spool gears in a n1 pump

Will cut for parts! I’ve owned my small little company busybeavertreeservices.ca since hischool, Sometimes you gotta black right out to pay for parts! Jobs like these are gold for getting builds done, this is my other passion than my family and my cars. The trees keep a guy well and out of trouble!

9709BC53-C419-432A-8C12-8D7396D82303.jpeg

638C9E7F-CF0F-4ADA-9130-6579F461AE68.jpeg

834E2862-01E9-4EC5-87F1-9FCFD8B490CF.jpeg

D36BC8F0-F47C-4778-B87B-4A83F39586C0.jpeg

E598C488-333B-493F-8D12-D43AAE718F1A.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmknights93 said:

You're one wild mother fker haha. Looks fun though.

ya it gets the blood pumping every time mate. i work with my wife my dad and have 2 good friends for workers. its all i know. and at the end of the day a little gtr action is well for me. cheers mate keep the rb roaring. 

15 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

hey mate i know for a fact your knowledge is heaps and above mine. im going to run 30 psi with a prp brace motor fully built, is currently being machined, maybe grout fill half. not a budget guy but I like to keep things very simple if I can. i have always ran a completely stock head and only replaced valve guides when motor is apart. i dont plan on revving it past 8 thousand ever so do you reccommend any other head work i should do other than the guides? maybe double valve springs from supertech with some mild ass cams. again i dont two step the car, i don't over rev it, occasionally drag it once in a while thats it. 8 litre sump with oil cooler head restrictor and spool gears in a n1 pump

Definitely will need the valve spring as mine floated way before what you’re chasing, some drop in cams will help up high but take away from from down low which you can fix by raising compression. 

big sump and stronger oil pump are a must, you’d be surprised how bad the factory sump is even with an aftermarket baffle installed 

yup n1 pump will be in the bin i screwed that up.....gunna go with a nitto pump and a 1.3 head restrictor. thanks for help cheers mate. i ordered a complete dual valve spring supertech kit with hks 264 9.1(8.7) camshafts last night....will the double valve springs be to much for my setup and screw anything else up? i will be shimming the camshafts too if needed obviously. i couldn't find a kit with the single valve spring so said fak it and ordered the double.

Supertech Complete Valvetrain Kit Fits Nissan Skyline RB26DETT RB26 GTR R33 R34 | eBay

HKS Uprated Step 1 264° 8.7mm Lift Cams Camshafts - For R32 Skyline GTR RB26DETT | eBay

Edited by MoMnDadGTR

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

the doubles are the way to go cause you’ll have boost trying to push them open as well

that the pump I’d be using as well 

Supertech Complete Valvetrain Kit Fits Nissan Skyline RB26DETT RB26 GTR R33 R34 | eBay

i bought this kit today. i didn't like the idea of using different companies for different parts so sad fak it this is it...best kit i could find with everything i wanted.  ive had enough of forum research and clicking away at this computer for 7 days straight with no sleep. ben (BK) has been a great help through this and i ended up getting some kelford cams as well. mechanic requested. cheers mates this build will be nuts im wpc treating the whole thing and will be able to give some real good data on it once we run it. and thanks for your help mate. this has been a huge learning curve im finding out how much of a newb i really am ha. trying tho, working hard, putting in th eresearch, paying for parts,talking to lots of mates, pumping tree jobs out, living low. cheers chap thanks again your a good mate.