SAU Community

So you want a Z-Tune hood?.... WARNING! (before you buy)

Morning friends and family,

So for obvious reason.... running a Z-tune styled hood makes you look like a mad flamin mongrel and everyone thinks you have a 1000hp , however be WARNED!

The very first slat/cut out of the four or five of them is legit perfectly angled and is precisely directly over the alternator on your RB and when you wash your whip you must be extremely careful not to let any water in any of the cut outs but especially the first one.

I am a very careful paranoid kinda guy when washing and detailing my car and never spray water directly on the hood and many other places but i believe some may have leaked in and through the cut outs and when i started it to move it back in the garage to dry her off.... i have now ruined my alternator. 

Also worth mentioning, is that your coil pack cover is also very vulnerable when washing and this is yet another reason why to be careful, i often take over the cover and check inside after i wash and dry the car just so i can sleep better at night.  

I have ordered a "Gent 5 OE neo replacment alternator" from FRsports.com 
I will still try to get it fixed/rebuilt by someone locally as well
Also, does a series 1or2 25 alternator work on a neo25?

Any ways lads....  dont be that guy like me and mess your skyline up! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dil-Dog said:

damn bro thats nice, i have a replica...  ☹️

Yeah unlucky m9, genuine ones have rain guards and drain channels - per below pic from this thread.

On 12/9/2011 at 5:35 PM, 75coupe said:

see in the vent it was a upturned lip, that is the water channel that takes the water away, so if your stopped in the rain the water runs down into the vent and gets channeled away in the bonnet to side of the engine bay..

this is a genuine omori Z-tune bonnet

IMG_0850.jpg

• Like 1