SAU Community

atessa code 24 skyline gtr need help

Well the good news is a bad ground might stop something working, but it won't break it. Even if a short is caused you should only lose a fuse, not the control unit.

There is a ground from the body to the rear subframe that is often removed or broken, particularly if the subframe has been out. That ground missing is the most common cause of the error you saw, but not it this case it seems

Duncan thanks for your input throughout, in fact I was up late trouble shooting and wow I’m glad I did that I forsure would have wrecked another ecu. I attached the workshop manual page with the procedure I followed for code 24. I got to testing the coninutuity and the numbers were super dodgy sometime getting low reading but jumping all over. Sure enough rear ground was completely loose at the frame but still making somewhat of a connection. Would have eventually ate my ets cu. the rust was misleading but helped me fix my washer fluid issue. Hope this thread helps lots of people with code 24. Follow the manual it never lies.

FC9FA7AE-151F-4A72-9169-5D0CA526AE96.png

Edited by MoMnDadGTR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PanoramaLife said:

Duncan,thanks for sharing

Yes smart guy has helped me lots much appreciated.  the manual is good for trouble shooting. Having good grounds, good ets connections, clean abs sensors, bleed atessa, replaced ets control unit(used) check for codes, address codes.  topped it off with a du-lock v2/quaife diff on circuit setting and cars a totally different machine with no issues anymore. grounds were a big one as well, cleaning contact points with new ground cables on rear diff to subframe, battery/frame/engine, added a engine to frame ground where a/c used to bolt to engine, ground from firewall to engine.  

forgot to add and also covered a zillion times but make sure your tps set to .4 max .5.  This also threw a 4wd code on my ets unit when I replaced it. I set to .4 and she was good to go. I did this with car not running.