SAU Community

ZF 8HP Conversion?

Got another FB message last night linking me to a post about how much of a nightmare the HGT was to work with, failed out comes etc. 

To look at "Turbo Lamik" who is apparently the best tuner in Poland for this sort of stuff (apparently only Poland are doing these ZF swaps coz I think HGT are there too?). 

So I'll have a look at that also. 

The BMW DCT's have solid conversions nowadays (I almost put one into my car behind the LS but it wasnt quite mature yet).

Is that not an option? Given how much power you're putting down I'd be looking in that scenario as the whole thing was $3000 cheaper than putting the magnum in my car lol.

I was under the impression it was smaller, more compact, cheaper than manual that I went with. That said a R34 is not a S chassis (but given RB boxes fit in S chassis, I'm making an assumption its roughly similar)

Looking at the OG context of this thread, I don't know if a DCT would disqualify you from WTAC and whether they'd hold true to automatic, given the context of the automatics the car came with, i.e you must have a torque converter.

But the DCT boxes do fit in a lot of things, seem to be picking up traction instead of manual boxes for SR, 2JZ, RB, LS etc as the gearboxes are starting to be real pricy and ... slower.

But as dose said, you know what comes from the factory with this great DCT installed, coupled with a stout 3L TT engine? The donor BMW it came from lol.

• 10 months later...

Just revising this one as I would like to know if there is any progress with the ZF box conversion for 32/33 GTRs that anyone knows of in Oz? 

I had the ZF in my last car, an M140i, and the gearbox was fantastic and really did surprise me for a slusher. 

• 4 weeks later...

On 7/8/2022 at 7:53 PM, Kent46 said:

Just revising this one as I would like to know if there is any progress with the ZF box conversion for 32/33 GTRs that anyone knows of in Oz? 

I had the ZF in my last car, an M140i, and the gearbox was fantastic and really did surprise me for a slusher. 

HPR Tuning are working on the ZF conversion kit for GTRs at the moment. I have their entire DCT kit to go behind my 3.2 when it's done, it looks top quality and I bet the ZF kit will be too.

https://hpr-tuning.com/products/8hp-skyline-gtr-kit?_pos=1&_sid=6b0b74950&_ss=r

Edited by TezGT-R
  • Like 2