SAU Community

De cat rb26dett

13 hours ago, Matty George said:

Hi guys.  I live in the nanny state of Victoria unfortunately,and was wondering if I decat my r32 will it exceed the legal decibel levels? In running a kakimoto catback.Thoughts..

It's already over the limit. Decatting will do nothing for performance, I have *four* cats in my car and removed them all for testing and picked up exactly 0kw.

22 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

It's already over the limit. Decatting will do nothing for performance, I have *four* cats in my car and removed them all for testing and picked up exactly 0kw.

Catalytic convertors or felines?

I've been trying to find the fine for not having a working emissions equipment on your car in Vic, after downloading a bunch of PDFs, including a gazette (dafunk?), still no answer.

BTW, I have a HKS Hi-Silent cat back on my R32 (standard/compliant cat), it's no where near quiet! It's probably 90dB when cold (not happy, damn HKS).

Might be my old age, but why would you want a loud arse car for street? Annoy everyone? Get headaches? I guess if you drive it for a few kms a year it doesn't matter.

tl;dr enjoy what you have, or get an X-force varex so you can control the [action]sound levels.

• 2 weeks later...