SAU Community

Can you convert a gt neo gearbox to a gtt gearbox

like having a turbo is obvious to the bois in blue but unless they’ve studied the car they really won’t know what parts there looking at

so what I’m gunna do is get a det neo engine block, gtt drivetrain and brakes etc

and I’m gunna put my stroker kit and bore it out and put the performance head on but take of the turbo and intercooler and put on my gt exhaust system and intake on and hopefully I might be in the 170kw range

if not it doesn’t really mater because I can put a really good turbo system on and run a solid psi without worrying about my engine internals when I get my second p’s

what are your thoughts on this

and no I’m not gunna keep this car stock until I can drive a turbo and save up for a gtt if that’s what u where gunna say

thanks jack

Ah. 16 year olds and their endless supplies of enthusiasm, money and unwillingness to listen to those who have learnt from making those same mistakes.

My tip is put the Skyline in the shed and don't drive it and instead drive a $200 FWD shitbox for 2 years. Who's going to be paying for the insurance on this R34 of yours while you drive in illegally modified on your L's and P's?

Edited by GTSBoy
  • Like 3

Actually I’m not gunna insure it yet lol

ive been driving since I was 6 and haven’t crashed a single vehicle 

not saying that I won’t crash but it’s a risk I’m gunna take, don’t roast me?

I’m working as an assistant at job sites doing work whenever I can and making 20 an hour which is pretty good

It's not a troll, but its a combination of inexperience really, which is fine, we all start there.

The first thing any cop will look for is a 20 year old import with a P plate on it.
The problem is a non turbo skyline, of any kind, in any form, is a completely shit performance vehicle.

Get an 86. Turbo that when you're legally allowed.

Source: Had NA+T, then 2.9 liter stroker kit (is yours brian crower too?) then built auto, then manual, then 5 different turbo choices, now have Legal V8.

Any idea you could possibly have, has been done. Some people like myself have done all of them!

You should listen to these people.
Alternatively, make mistakes and waste money.
These are solved problems by now.

• Like 1

Yeah your all right

i had my whole build planned out but I never really thought about what has already been tried 

I’ve done a lot of body work on this car and I got it for only $4000 

I’ve cleaned and polished every part of this car but apart from a k and n pod filter everything other than body work is stock so I’m not having much thought about getting a gtt now

i would really like to keep this gt and just swap it later on for a det neo

should I just keep it stock and clean and put some good brakes and a solid shift kit on and det neo swap it when I get my full license

thanks 

jack