SAU Community

Can you convert a gt neo gearbox to a gtt gearbox

40 minutes ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

would it be worth it if I got my fuel injectors cleaned for $100

Unlikely

41 minutes ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

gtt solid shift kit would fit in a gt gearbox and if not is there a solid shift kit for a gt

Absolutely not.

New suspension bushes, MCA street performance/ultimates and decent tyres would be all that is needed suspension wise. R34 gtt brakes with HEL braided lines, good fluid and new pads(Elig, Intama are affordable good options). No need for fancy rotors. 

No point doing a shift kit. New trans filter and fluid will be noticeable and keep it going. 

As has been said recently learn from others that have spent the time and money doing it. 

I can see you've made another thread for a GTT engine and Gearbox.

Probably get the driveshaft too, while you're at it.

Given you have a N/A, you should know you have basically got a S15 rear end - So consider getting a helical LSD when you can. All of the GTT stuff/upgrades won't fit, ever. As for the driveshaft, I'm not entirely sure. If the DET gearbox is bigger, is it bigger in all dimensions? Are the flanges the same? Will the driveshaft fit?

You will find data saying it will, it won't, or not sure. Only sure fire way is to check. This will apply to literally every part you attempt to put on a NA car considering parts for GTT are aftermarket. So much stuff goes along the lines of:

You: Will this fit my car?
Internet: Yes, absolutely, it fits Skylines
You: Will this fit my R34?
Internet: Yes, all skylines are the same
You: But, R33 and R34 are different, will it fit the 34?
Internet: Yes, it will fit the 33 and 34 because this part is shared
You: [doubt]. What about R34 series 1, vs Series 2? What about Turbo vs N/A
Internet: ghosts

One thing's for sure though, do not spend one cent on the non turbo engine, or non turbo gearbox.
At least you don't have HICAS though!

The main thing the point is, there's so much stuff to do (how about you replace EVERY suspension bush?) to keep you busy by the time you want to touch the motor at all you'll be well and truly over it. If you start doing the maths sooner rather than later you could just go buy a V8 mustang or literally any other superior car by the time you're done and of age to legally drive it.

Expect to pay twice as much and put double the work in to get a car about 90% as good lol.

The hard truth is everything you have done, thus far, from when you first bought the GT to where it is now, even if you literally sprayed every panel yourself, learned how to spray paint, bought all the gear, personally massaged and sanded every panel by hand..

Is like 5% of the total amount of work to get a project like this done.
People aren't being haters, they've just done the other 95% and wouldn't recommend it again lol.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

Nah what im saying is I’ll put a turbo neo in and just take of the turbo and intercooler 

In Queensland you can apply for a moderately powered vehicle exemption for a un modified  car. Putting a DET engine minus turbo into a GT is actually illegal to drive on your P's and you won't get an exemption for it. Putting a full DET engine into a GT same deal. The only turbo skylines you can get exemptions for as I understand it is R32 Gtst and R33 gtst. Again, doing a turbo engine into a non turbo one, no exemption as its modified.

So as others have said, buy a shitbox for the next 3 years, save your money and buy a GTT. they come with all the other good bits anyway