SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

BK

BK's eternal money pit build - 1989 R32 GTR single turbo

When I took my car to be tuned jem also said they’ve only had a 6766 work well once and believe it has to do with being the only turbo with a bigger front wheel then rear. If upgrading from the 6466 better to use a 6870

Next jump up definitely seems to be a 6870, which is what I originally intended.

To me though if a 6466 is capable of mph in the mid 140s, It’s all the turbo most people will ever need including me 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

To me though if a 6466 is capable of mph in the mid 140s, It’s all the turbo most people with ever need including me 

Absolutely. 👍 That's why I opted out of the 6870 and went the 6466 as originally discussed with CRD. I was like, guys like yourself @r32-25t, @hattori hanzo, @Dorifudo were making stupid power in the 500 - 600rwkw region with them, 140+ MPH trap with comparable turbo response to low mount twins !

Sounded like more of a win than any of the EFR or Garrett stuff to me. Remember I came from plain bearing big HKS with light switch delivery.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, BK said:

Absolutely. 👍 That's why I opted out of the 6870 and went the 6466 as originally discussed with CRD. I was like, guys like yourself @r32-25t, @hattori hanzo, @Dorifudo were making stupid power in the 500 - 600rwkw region with them, 140+ MPH trap with comparable turbo response to low mount twins !

Sounded like more of a win than any of the EFR or Garrett stuff to me. Remember I came from plain bearing big HKS with light switch delivery.

i'm glad i went with the 6466, i did get offered a 6870 for only a few hundred dollars more at the time but decided it was too big for a street car. Friend of mine has the 6266 with a 1.01AR isnt really that much more responsive than the 6466 with a 1.01AR.

1 hour ago, Piggaz said:

Is that upside down? 🤣

2A5351B2-A81C-462E-B78F-6F26930AC77A.png

Nice one smart arse ! 😂 Paul, 2009 -2010 weren't you running HKS GT-RS turbos and an OS giken 5 speed back then ?  Hence the reason I had to get off of the "awesome" HKSness from the 90's. Power was so late in delivery it could never actually get a decent MPH. Could not get lower than mid 10s and couldn't crack 135mph.

That's why when we discussed turbo options you guys were so kind to persuade me from making another HKS mistake, which I 100% appreciate. Just took me a little while to get into the 21st century that's all...

Thanks again, you are an asset to SAU and always value your input mate 👍

So what's happening with your 33 these days ?

9 hours ago, BK said:

Nice one smart arse ! 😂 Paul, 2009 -2010 weren't you running HKS GT-RS turbos and an OS giken 5 speed back then ?  Hence the reason I had to get off of the "awesome" HKSness from the 90's. Power was so late in delivery it could never actually get a decent MPH. Could not get lower than mid 10s and couldn't crack 135mph.

That's why when we discussed turbo options you guys were so kind to persuade me from making another HKS mistake, which I 100% appreciate. Just took me a little while to get into the 21st century that's all...

Thanks again, you are an asset to SAU and always value your input mate 👍

So what's happening with your 33 these days ?

Sure was. Only had the car a couple years at that stage. What a shit, laggy, lazy, nugget, falling off boost (if you managed to get it on in the first place, twin turbo trash, over cammed, full of Japanese junk parts, restrictive exhaust, tall ratio shitbox that setup was.

Bugger all. I have a v cam box sitting on the shelf, the interior is in bits. That all started by pulling 3 wires out of the boot and the more I looked the more I found. An old tracker that doesn’t work, old gauge wiring etc. it hasn’t been driven since July. Got a few parts to go dry sump for no other reason of just because. Hopeffully that happens before 2025. 🤣