SAU Community

BK's eternal money pit build - 1989 R32 GTR single turbo

BK

On 08/01/2021 at 12:32 PM, BK said:

Hey Rob. Yeah mate that's the one. Got it from RHDjapan.

Hi BK,

I bought the Garage Active washer / overflow bottle set. It shipped with two washer hoses. One goes to the Y junction for the two front washers. Any idea what the other is for or is it just a spare? The rear washer hose is a single piece that runs all the way from the bottle to a valve mounted just in front of the parcel shelf so is much longer.

Thanks

Rob

On 19/07/2021 at 5:14 PM, Robzilla32 said:

Hi BK,

I bought the Garage Active washer / overflow bottle set. It shipped with two washer hoses. One goes to the Y junction for the two front washers. Any idea what the other is for or is it just a spare? The rear washer hose is a single piece that runs all the way from the bottle to a valve mounted just in front of the parcel shelf so is much longer.

Thanks

Rob

Hey Rob. Yeah I didn't even fit the new lines that come with them, still have them here as I though the ones on the car were already good enough. I didn't even unravel them to check the lengths but it seemed like a fair bit, but I'd assume they'd be to replace the whole lot be wouldn't they ? From memory the tubing that came with them is a smaller diameter than standard too. So you're saying they didn't include enough tube to replace it all ?

On another completely unrelated note on the state of these shitty times I'm getting pretty twitchy with this whole Covid-19 lockdown shit around the country. 3 cases recorded in Adelaide today could ruin getting these cars tuned. I'm currently holding my breath and have my fingers, toes, legs and dick crossed NT doesn't shut the border to SA this week !

On 7/19/2021 at 9:25 PM, BK said:

Hey Rob. Yeah I didn't even fit the new lines that come with them, still have them here as I though the ones on the car were already good enough. I didn't even unravel them to check the lengths but it seemed like a fair bit, but I'd assume they'd be to replace the whole lot be wouldn't they ? From memory the tubing that came with them is a smaller diameter than standard too. So you're saying they didn't include enough tube to replace it all ?

On another completely unrelated note on the state of these shitty times I'm getting pretty twitchy with this whole Covid-19 lockdown shit around the country. 3 cases recorded in Adelaide today could ruin getting these cars tuned. I'm currently holding my breath and have my fingers, toes, legs and dick crossed NT doesn't shut the border to SA this week !

Adelaide will be fine mate. But just incase my dick is also crossed .

On 19/07/2021 at 10:43 PM, Ben C34 said:

Adelaide will be fine mate. But just incase my dick is also crossed .

Well they'd better be both firmly in knots now that you guys are going into lockdown for 7 days !

Now Adelaide has went 💥 I'm really stressing the fk out hard ...

On 19/07/2021 at 9:55 PM, BK said:

Commiserations on lockdown impact. I'm in Melbourne so understand that alright.

The two supplied hoses are a bit longer than the front hose to the Y junction which is about half the length of the rear washer hose. I assume the intent is that you cut the supplied hoses to match the length of the three pieces required to connect to the front nozzles.

The rear hose has melted at points so it was coming out anyway and I have a replacement ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I made it to Adelaide with both 32 GTRs.

I am the 3rd car and 1st manual car to be on the new Prohub 3000 dyno. Quick set-up -

20210803_123022.thumb.jpg.97f37cbee9aade00410c3754d9f89904.jpg

...and base run on 98 is 435kw on 22psi gate pressure. So far, so good.

20210803_102311.jpg

• Like 6

Just pulled it up at 456kw at rears with 22psi at around 8200rpm on 98. We could make in excess of 500 on 98 with more boost and rpm but we thought why ?, Kill mode will be on E85. Time to start flex tuning it.

• Like 4

Wait  . . . is that the Mission Impossible theme music I hear playing ?

And the credits now roll !

Congratulations that's a serious amount of mambo there !

Now you can just sit there and do nothing . . . . cause its finished  . . . . . right . . . . ? 

You'll have to take up another hobby now . . . like . . . stamp collecting or knitting ! 

Yep knitting ! I hear that's very therapeutic or cathartic ! !  

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2021 at 9:54 PM, BK said:

E85, 32psi, 8000rpm limit. Crazy bastard wanted to go more boost as it still wants to keep making power :

2021_8_3_21_1_58.thumb.png.bc406de747dc46e0d3c8a20a66d3251e.png

.....Mission accomplished 🤟

Amazing!!!  Top stuff mate, that's gunna be one fun car to drive!!!

9000 rpm launch videos currently being uploaded?? 😁

On 04/08/2021 at 10:15 AM, Shoota_77 said:

I’ll be amazed if he woke up for the second car to be tuned, I would have been out all night driving it lol 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 9:45 AM, Shoota_77 said:

Running it in the Red centre nats drags and motorkhana in 4 weeks, so yeah I'll have to try and get some footage.

On 04/08/2021 at 10:17 AM, r32-25t said:

I’ll be amazed if he woke up for the second car to be tuned, I would have been out all night driving it lol 

Nah 6:30 up and out. White 32 is on the dyno as we speak.

• Like 2

On 04/08/2021 at 10:47 AM, r32-25t said:

I'd be still driving it!  I've forgotten what driving a GTR even feels like!

• Haha 2

On 04/08/2021 at 10:49 AM, r32-25t said:

Be interesting to see how different the two cars results end up 

Just come back from getting more E85, so I'm predicting maybe 500hp on 98 and 600hp on E85 ? Dunno, but if the Trust T78 sucks a Precision 6266 might have to replace it.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 11:42 AM, BK said:

Just come back from getting more E85, so I'm predicting maybe 500hp on 98 and 600hp on E85 ? Dunno, but if the Trust T78 sucks a Precision 6266 might have to replace it.

Ignore the power but compare the curves. T78 vs a 6266 on a 2.6.

FB29178C-E0FE-4387-B7E6-92B7480EFC7B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 12:10 PM, Piggaz said:

Ignore the power but compare the curves. T78 vs a 6266 on a 2.6.

FB29178C-E0FE-4387-B7E6-92B7480EFC7B.jpeg

Good find Paul, that's about what I was thinking the improvement would be for spool.