SAU Community

Restrictor or One-way valve in the intake hose to rocker cover RB26

West

Hi

Can someone help confirm if its a one way valve or a restrictor that sits in the Turbos Intake to Rocker Cover (passenger side) on an Rb26? 

I'm running a plumb back Oil/Air separator and was just wondering if i can piss that off (probably not). It's doing my head in as on the turbos intake side, it's AN10 but once met the restrictor, it becomes AN12, where the hell do i find something like that.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Whatever it is you won't be needing that hose will you? Rocker cover to air/oil seperator thence to turbo intake will be all new hoses

My turbo intake is standard so i thought i could reuse that hose. (Oil/Air to that hose) 

If it acts as a 1 way valve, open on boost then i will need it right?

2 hours ago, West said:

Hi

Can someone help confirm if its a one way valve or a restrictor that sits in the Turbos Intake to Rocker Cover (passenger side) on an Rb26? 

I'm running a plumb back Oil/Air separator and was just wondering if i can piss that off (probably not). It's doing my head in as on the turbos intake side, it's AN10 but once met the restrictor, it becomes AN12, where the hell do i find something like that.

Thanks

It is a restrictor to stop the turbo sucking all the oil out of the top of the engine.  It is just a plate with a hole in the middle of it.  If you are splicing a catch can in there somewhere (Like a Nismo unit) then you still need it.

Edited by djr81

47 minutes ago, djr81 said:

It is a restrictor to stop the turbo sucking all the oil out of the top of the engine.  It is just a plate with a hole in the middle of it.  If you are splicing a catch can in there somewhere (Like a Nismo unit) then you still need it.

I'm running an oil/air separator, do i still need it?
Driver side PVC remains OEM
Passenger side - Cam Cover to Oil/Air - Oil/Air back to turbo intake

7 minutes ago, djr81 said:

Yes.

Out of interest what brand of separator is it?

Ah i get it, it's sort there to restrict the suction correct? So i can machine/file it down to suit an AN10 hose?

it's a customs made from ex Havoc fab

20200126_165918.jpg

Or just cut and reuse the bit of hose with the restrictor in it along with a male/male push lock fitting of an appropriate size.

Or turn up what you need from a bit of aluminium rod or similar and stuff it in the hose.

Or better yet get your fab bloke to weld up and drill a hole in the end of the barbed outlet fitting on the catch can.

6 hours ago, West said:

I'm running an oil/air separator, do i still need it?
Driver side PVC remains OEM
Passenger side - Cam Cover to Oil/Air - Oil/Air back to turbo intake

I wouldn't have thought so. Didn't have one on my RB30DET. The design of my catch can would have  worked against sucking out oil...my exhaust didn't smoke and my sump didn't empty.